• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Recently Used Characters

• "We'll have to get on over to the dinning room them. Afraid it's liable to be a bit more like Kalispell than Frisco." He said. "But it'll be good food, just not what we've been used too. Will be up on the hill, for sure.  I was told this is the best hotel because it was a ways out across the river from town, and it was solid built."   "The wealth on the hill is such that all most everything around it is growing at a fast pace. You'll really see that when we visit the Capitol, Carson City. Supposedly discovered by Kit Carson and General John Freemont on their way to Sacramento in. At least Freemont named the river after him back in '43 or '44. Nothin' was there then."   "All that made me hungry too, let's go eat an then take us a walk across the river, or along it, which ever you want." @Bongo
    • That did not take long. Cookie rang the triangle and shouted his best but in the end he sent the kid to roust all but the closest to him. Rance joined young Wheeler in the line, a bit out of the wind, but mostly in it for the moment. It seemed calmer up by the wagon.   "That had ta be bad back there. The wind drivin' the dust an' the smell, but should this wind let up you'll be on flank, left flank, then right, then back to the drag. It'll be me, Dallas, an' Dixie. eatin' dust tomorrow. But at least we got hot grub, won't always be that'a way out here though, every trip is different."   And they moved up steadily. @Bongo
    • "Nothing to discuss? I am surprised, Jonah. Why, if we have time for breakfast, there will be much to discuss regarding the hospital as well as the start of the orphanage. Hopefully that the railroad will be completed, or close to it by then." She smiled brightly. "Things will be different by then."   "My hope is that we get through all of this without my fathers interference causing delays, or real problems with the builders. You know we could get well into October before the snow flies, but I'm not counting on that. The winter will stop construction until the thaw." She stated, but the smile was still there, "But it will be well underway!" @Bongo
    • "Pleased ta meet ya, Rance."  Justus gave the man a nod, then lined up with the others for grub.  Maybe he could get some sleep despite the wind.  He surely was tired enough, and until there was something that concerned him, he didn't need to be concerned.   First, though, a full belly!  As the line progressed, he he nodded to the kid who was the cook's help.  "Times like this, I bet yer glad ya don't have ta be on th' downwind end of a herd'a cows!"   @Flip
    • "It's good to know you'll have the best working on the project, you've come this far, you don't need to risk the quality with less than the best working on it."  Even though he had no doubt that the crew would be excellent, it was reassuring to know that the man hand picked for the job would actually be on site overseeing it.  That way, too, he'd be there if Leah needed to discuss anything with him, and Jonah had a good feeling that was going to happen!   He grinned and took a sip of coffee.  "Just think, this time next year it will all be over!  We'll have a fine hospital with the best equipment...and nothing to discuss over breakfast!"   @Flip  

Converting Sagas to the Character Mod

Stormwolfe

Please read carefully so you will know what is happening!

I am going to start working on converting Sagas to the Character Mod (Character Management System) and to the fluid time system we decided on for both RPGs. Posting will only be interrupted briefly here and there. As long as the site is open, you can post! Read on!

Merging / Converting Accounts

1. I will save your account avatars so I can upload them when the merging is complete.
  2. Change your main character account to an OOC account if you have registered as a character instead of OOC.
  3. Merge your character accounts with your OOC account.

What You Need to Do When This Happens

• Keep on posting! If you open a new post, please put the character's name it is supposed to be written by at the top of the post. When I go through reassigning the IC posts, I'll edit and remove it.
  • Don't WORRY! Your character faces will be back after I add the mod and create the initial bios. Things might look funky for awhile, but like Storm Shelter, it'll be peaches when done.

My Next Steps

1. Upload the CM (Character Mod).
  2. Create temporary bios and assign them to your accounts.
  3. Change post authors back to the characters in the current episode. I will do the old episodes as soon as I get the bios all shifted.
  4. Create our new bio form.
  5. Move the bios over.
Edited by Stormwolfe (see edit history)

• I have merged all formerly linked accounts.
  • Created the new character profiles and linked them to your account.
  • I have moved over the basic information from all bios, but for now, there is a link back to the original. I will try to finish updating them tomorrow.
  • If you go to post before I get the topics and posts switched to your characters, you should be able to do that yourself using one of the below methods.
    • At the bottom of the post, click Change Character and choose the right character from the dropdown. Note: Only your characters will show.
    • Edit the post, if it is the first post, choose from Characters dropdown at the top. If it is a reply post, choose from the Characters dropdown at the bottom of the posting window.
    • Wait for me to get it done. ;)

All accounts have been converted.

User Name = Discord Handle so whatever name you use in Discord is your Display Name on the Sagas' site.

Email = did not change

Passwords = did not change

The Character Mod is installed and fully operational!

Remember! All Tags (mentions) need to be to the OOC Name on the account: Stormwolfe, Bongo, Wayfarer, Flip, JulieS. Do not do @mentions for Character Names, they will not register an alert.

We each only have ONE account now with multiple character profiles linked to it. No account switching anymore! You simply choose the character you want to write as from inside the topic or reply.

I still need to copy and paste the actual bios into the character profiles. For now, a link has been added in the appearance tab of the character's profile.

What you need to do!

Go through your posts in this episode (The Bear) and make sure I got all the posts switched to the right character. If I didn't, you can click on the Change Character button (bottom of post) and make the change yourself.

This part will take me awhile since I need to move images also. Once I'm done, I'll send out another announcement and then you all can pretty up your bios as you like.

Avatars are 220 x 220 - If you want to update your OOC avvies or your character avatars and need help, let me know!

@Admin   @Members   @Players

It is done! We are officially converted over to the new IPS Character Mod (Character Mgmt. System). Click on Characters in the main menu to view the Character Index

Reminders!

• Tag others by their Player name not their character name - or - post tags in the Sagas' Discord #tags channel.
  • Remember that you now switch to the character you want to post as from inside the topic / post editor window. The drop down list is at the top of new topic posts and at the bottom of post replies.
  • There are two pages of characters! If you do not see yours on the main page, go to the second page.
  • You can now edit from the index page or by going to the character's profile. Ask if you need help.
  • There are two new fields at the end of the bio (if viewing in the profile, click the Notes tab). These are optional fields and there for your use. They are designed to be used as 'shippers, plotters, general notes - whatever you want. It does not matter to the Admin if you use it, but since we do not use Plotters and Shippers, you might wanna update it with plots, romance stuff, what-have-you.

As usual, when you have time, look over your character's bio. You can now update it, add images, clean it up, whatever your little heart desires. 

Feel free to ask me if you need help with something.

@Admin   @Members   @Players