JulieS

Kalispell Mayor Elections

Posted (edited)

Synopsis

Mayoral Elections in Kalispell. Possible way for the Steelgraves to get a tighter grip on the town with their own candidate.

One thought is that Matt Wentworth as the hotel owner might be dragged into this which will hinder his other activities.  Also opens up the possibility of new major characters for future participants.

Characters Requested

Everyone

Anything Else

All suggestions to which way this can go would be good.

Don't know what the town's situation is like or if it is big enough to have a mayor but it is something to think about for a future plot.

Edited by Stormwolfe (see edit history)
  • Liked your post, Pard! 1

Awesome idea!

We have mentioned a mayor in the past but it was just a single line. However, no name was given or anything. It was literally a mention in passing.

What about ignoring that and past mention, state there is a town manager but now they want to do a mayoral election with a formal town council?

What if the Steelgraves try to hijack the election so they can put one of their paid puppets in charge of a lot of what happens in town?

Mayor was a pretty common way towns were run back then, now more places use city managers. I like the idea of an election, yep.

BTW Clara thinks she would be the best person to be mayor, she is confident she could run things. 😁

Wait....what? There's some stupid age qualification???????  Sigh.

Highly doubtful in that period that a woman would even be considered, but, since we have a woman deputy...why not?

As to the Steelgraves having a character run for the office, there is no established ncp under their control (ie: that writers would know but not suspect), Hell of an idea though.

Heck, they could have an actual Steelgrave running for the office. I doubt they would even care if people knew they were trying to legally take over the town. No need for too much subterfuge.

I would definitely agree it's too early in our nation's history to be having women run for mayor. They need to secure the right to vote yet and even then a long time passed before they started getting into political offices.

And I hope everyone realizes I was kidding about Clara.

First Question: Would this include the men already in use, both active and NCP? I ask as I have a number of NCP's as you probably know. Yet only a couple I would be consider as fitting to run for office

Now, IF we were to allow NCP's and I would suggest only PNCP's which are not cowboys. Only a suggestion.

And another idea would be to have party candidates, using the party's of the period...or not,

We may have to whittle down the number tossing their hat in the ring by some method.

Just fuel for thought.

Well, I think it can be NPCs or reg chars. I definitely agree it shouldn't be a cowboy though, I can't see them running. Unless maybe a retired one I suppose.

I also think it could be already existing chars (like Steelgraves) or brand new ones someone wants to make up.

I agree wholeheartedly, Wayfarer. I do have one reservation about the Steelgraves though, They are disliked and certainly distrusted in Kalispell. The idea of a Steelgrave plant, that's a different story altogether.

But, we'll see what the boss lady has in mind

Posted (edited)

While working on the wiki, I had a couple of ideas....well, okay, one.

I think it would be highly IC for a Steelgrave to run or put in a candidate of their choosing.

However, as I was looking for a way to retired Hannah's father (Marshal Scott Cory), how about I create a shared NPC bio on him and we field him as a candidate. He would have to step down as marshal and that leaves the way clear for Flip's Speed Guyer to step in as marshal. It would work out great all around.

Also, y'all, remember that while we're trying to keep historical events accurate, overall our setting is more cineverse wild west than strictly factual. We could have a lady mayor.

No, Clara, you are too young!

Edited by Stormwolfe (see edit history)

I would be okay for Scott to run for mayor, it could also be a good way to have the Steelgraves try something against him for revenge. They might not want to kill a serving Marshal, but a civilian just running for mayor might be a tempting target for them after all the years of him probably thwarting their plans and being a big obstacle.

• Like 1

All sounds good to me :)

Re-reading all this it dawned on me, Kalispel would then need a town council along with this newly minted mayor. Perhaps, another suggestion, those who run and lose could be appointed to the council by the winner.

Any thought to how the actual/fictional vote will be handled? In the spirit of the times a vote could be bought for a drink...just sayin'.

Actually, I left a place open for town council on the Kalispell Claims page in our new Wiki.

As far as the votes buying goes and voting, if we're agreeing it will wind up being a specific character, we just have to account for things in our writing. If we decide to leave it to chance, we can do a dice roll on our Discord.

Oops, saw that and had forgotten about it.

I'm good with pre-selecting the Mayor, or rolling the dice> Hard not to like a "chance" situation.

Need a spirited campaign from the candidates...

I'm conflicted. I like the "chance" option too, but would like to use Scott Cory.... we can see how we feel when ready to add this plot to the lineup?

Fair enough. It would greatly depend on the direction the story is going as well, especially where it might involve the mayor and city council. Tough call for the moment.

Ellias.jpg.e0ea27a8cc1c64a060ff1ed77bbb91ad.jpgBut I have a candidate in mind...bwahahahahahaha ech...cough. cough, snort

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About Sagas

Sagas of the WIld West is a roleplaying game set in a fictionalized version of the town of Kalispell in Montana territory. Our stories begin in 1875 and are set against the backdrop of actual historical events.Sagas was inspired by the classic television and movie westerns. Our focus is on writing, storytelling and character development.

Connect With Us On

discord_white

If you are already a member of our Discord server, click the image and it will take you directly to Sagas' server on Discord's web app. If you would like to join our server, click the invite link on the left (bottom of sidebar).

Site Credits

Founders: Stormwolfe & Longshot

Sagas' Rating

sagas-rating