Jonah chuckled and shook his head.  "Oh, Kalispell is plenty uncivilized," he commented, "and strange as it may seem, the shoot-outs are fairly innocuous...seems these cowboys can't hit a thing they shoot at...not that I'm complaining."  He chuckled again, then sipped the tea.  "As mundane as it is, I think I prefer the sprains and little cuts to the gunshot wounds.  We had a gent come in just last night that was shot-up in the shoulder, but it didn't happen here in town.  Fortunately, his horse wandered into the stage company livery and the woman there called for me.  It was a fairly simple job to patch him up."

No harm in bragging a little for a pretty lady, right?

@Flip

@Flip

Edited by Bongo (see edit history)

1646524572_1leahsteelgrave.jpg.ba1c69f5c72ea4cd13ccf06033a083e1.jpg

“We had a gent come in just last night that was shot-up in the shoulder, but it didn't happen here in town.  Fortunately, his horse wandered into the stage company livery and the woman there called for me.  It was a fairly simple job to patch him up."

“Oh my,” She said, raising a gloved hand to her mouth in feigned shock. “Indian I would wager.” He voice stronger with the accusation, knowing full well she had uncovered what her father had sent her here to find out. “But he’s going to survive then? You made it sound as if it were just a superficial wound, which of course I’m glad to hear.”

Now al she needed was his location and then she could make her decision as to how she should, or could proceed. In any event, killing a man in town would be of a high risk nature. Kalispel was not that large that comings and goings went unnoticed, especially hers. In fact this might call for one of the boys not in town to get it done. She’d have to wait and see how it all worked out. “I must say Doctor, you make quite a good cup of tea.”

“Oh my,” She said, raising a gloved hand to her mouth in feigned shock. “Indian I would wager.”

"No, no, to the best of my understanding a bandito, up to no good."  It occurred to Jonah that he really didn't know the full story, nor the man's name, although he had no doubt the gent would find him to pay for services rendered.

“But he’s going to survive then? You made it sound as if it were just a superficial wound, which of course I’m glad to hear.”

"Well, no, it was a potentially grave injury, but so long as the wound doesn't fester, he should recover, although it will likely be a long time before he can use that arm."  He gave her a cheeky grin.  "Besides, he received the best care available."

“I must say Doctor, you make quite a good cup of tea.”

"Ah, yes, my skills go well beyond healing!"  Jonah laughed.  "We took three weeks in medical school to learn to properly boil water!"

With a chuckle, he leaned back in his seat.  "I do hope you are planning to stay in town long enough for me to treat you to dinner?"

@Flip

1646524572_1leahsteelgrave.jpg.ba1c69f5c72ea4cd13ccf06033a083e1.jpg

“Then Doctor, I would say that was three weeks well spent.” She responded. “As a matter of fact I am at the Belle-St. Regis and I have business which will keep me here in town for a few days and dinner sounds delightful.” He was pleasant company, and perhaps there was more information she could glean from him, or at least have a well mannered, educated gentleman for the evenings company

The man that had been wounded, that would be her quarry, since a body had not been found, it stood to reason that the man would be this Pike fellow he father wanted eliminated. It may not be a task for her, but for one of the men, though she would have no qualms removing a hired gun of the Thorntons, if that is what he was. She smiled both at the thought of ending Mister Pike, and the thought of dinner with the Doctor.

“Then I will expect your call this evening, and perhaps we might have my arm looked at?”

Tag @Bongo

Edited by Flip (see edit history)

“As a matter of fact I am at the Belle-St. Regis and I have business which will keep me here in town for a few days and dinner sounds delightful.”

"Excellent, I look forward to it."  At very least it would be interesting conversation, he could tell that Miss Leah was no innocent nor ignorant, and he wondered what her game might be, provided there was one.  Even so, a lady like this always had some other motivation, and he was sure she would provide a different sort of relief than the newspaper lady.

“Then I will expect your call this evening, and perhaps we might have my arm looked at?”

"Of course, or we could do that now, so we don't mix business and pleasure?"  He raised an eyebrow, returning her smile, and such an engaging smile it was!  "Besides, you'd need to bare your shoulder for a proper examination, but I will leave that up to you."  It would be a fine line between professional and otherwise, and it certainly would be her decision if she was comfortable alone with him.

“Of course Doctor, that is what I meant.” Leah replied with a smile. “And baring my shoulder would be no problem, after all, you are a physician.” It would only take a moment to actually bare her shoulder, but there would be nothing to see, as she had purposely worn a sleeveless blouse under her jacket, which she unbuttoned and removed. “You see? Not a problem at all,” she added as her arm, shoulder to finger tips were revealed, a coyness in her smile.

Tag @Bongo

"Of course."  Smiling, Jonah turned away as she removed her jacket, a little disappointed that that was all she had to remove.  But it was best to keep things strictly professional at this point, and later, with luck, he could explore a bit more intimately and personally. 

Turning back to her, he resisted the urge to look at her as a woman and not a patient...that attitude had gotten him into hot water more than once!

"All right, now..."  Keeping his thoughts in line, he started at her shoulder and gently worked his fingers down her arm.  "Is there any pain?  Can you move your arm up?"  With one hand on her shoulder and the other at her wrist, he put her through a series of range-of-motion exercises, then nodded and stepped back.

"Seems to be healing well, I think it should be fine."  He handed her jacket back to her.  "As a professional doctor, I prescribe a fine dinner with a good bottle of wine and a charming companion."  He grinned.  "I will call on you at seven, at the Belle-St. Regis."

@Flip

1646524572_1leahsteelgrave.jpg.ba1c69f5c72ea4cd13ccf06033a083e1.jpg"Thank you," she said as he handed he back her jacket which she quickly slipped on and proceeded to button. "And your prescription sounds simply wonderful. I will be ready when you call." The she took a more serious approach.

The arm hasn't given me any trouble for sometime now, and your assessment was exactly what I was hoping for."She explained. "I was just concerned that perhaps the bone may have not set correctly, though, as I said I've experienced no pain, or difficulty with range of motion. So, on a professional level, my tanks to you." She took up her reticule, reached in and retrieved  a silver dollar which she handed to him. "For your service Doctor."

Tag @Bongo

reticule: a small drawstring bag carried as a purse by a woman in the 18th and early 19th century.

About Sagas

Sagas of the WIld West is a roleplaying game set in a fictionalized version of the town of Kalispell in Montana territory. Our stories begin in 1875 and are set against the backdrop of actual historical events.Sagas was inspired by the classic television and movie westerns. Our focus is on writing, storytelling and character development.

Connect With Us On

discord_white

If you are already a member of our Discord server, click the image and it will take you directly to Sagas' server on Discord's web app. If you would like to join our server, click the invite link on the left (bottom of sidebar).

Site Credits

Founders: Stormwolfe & Longshot

Sagas' Rating

sagas-rating