Announcements

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recently Used Characters

• "Maybe, fer this special occasion," Addy suggested, "we can try a little'a each?  That way, we can get a taste'a everything, so next time, we know what our favorite is."  It was a plan that appealed to her, so she didn't have to decide which she wanted!   "Never turn down help," she declared, "but seems ta me yer th' one needs help brushin' them horses down."  She glanced at Weedy and Josh, considering for a moment if it was safe to let the boy go up into the loft, but then, his father could stop him, and, after all, he was a Chappel!  He'd grown up around horses, and was of hardy stock!   With them all working together, it wouldn't take too long to get the horses settled, and then they could be on the way to treats!   @MD
    • "We'll get on."  Addy was determined, and once she grabbed hold of the crude rope halter, she had control of the animal.  "Here..."  Cupping her hands, she made a step for Caroline, to give her a boost up.  "Just grab his mane."   TBC   @Wayfarer                    
    • Mature Content: Doubt it With: Tyrell Garret Thornton Location: Add specific location information here. When: Mid-July 1876 Time of Day: Encompasses a couple of days     Place holder
    • Anæsthesia wasn't exactly convinced by all these homilies about falling out of trees, breaking arms, and sleeping in the mud: she smiled politely, if a little tightly. Truth to tell, she felt a little bit 'got at' - the snobby girl was getting a taste of her own medicine in the form of the inverted-snobbery of these rough frontier folk.    She suddenly blurted, rather defensively "I have learned to shoot a gun!"   "I have a 1858 model Lefaucheux double action revolver, and really am rather a good shot with it." she said proudly. Now maybe they'd stop telling her that she needed to fall out of a tree to be able to claim that her life had any meaning.    Of course, the hypocrisy was that she was quite willing to tell others what they should be doing with their lives: like learning to read.      @Bongo @MD
    • Mr McVey was chattering away as Arabella grabbed her non-packable items: two dresses, spare bonnet, basket and three large round circles made of bamboo. These were very hard to carry and to manoeuvre through the doorway.    "You and I disagree on a number of things, yet, we agree on others. Mister Reeve is certainly one to keep an eye on. And I would say, he is dangerous in another way, to the political atmosphere in Kalispell. He is an odd fellow, yet, so is Mister Pettigrew. Perhaps the goal of him running is to slit the vote? I'm not exactly confident on that assumption."   "Now don't you be mean about Mr Pettigrew, Mr McVey, he's been right nice to me: teachin' me all about how to speak proper and act like a lady." she objected. Pettigrew had taught her something else, too, something more important than those surface embellishments, something at her very core.    He hoisted the trunk that was surprising lighter than he would have expected. "As time moves on, we'll have a better idea of Pettigrew's purpose in the grand scheme of the elections this fall." He added, then, "I'm following you, Arabella."   "Hold on, I'm all tangled up!" she yelped, the three bamboo circles seemed to have minds of their own and were doing their darndest to stop her getting through the doorway. "I'm takin' these hoops with me, in case crinolines come back in!" she informed him.    Eventually she got herself through the door and down the stairs, with a shout of "I'm goin' now, I'll be back at seven!" at Caroline's door. When the two of them reached the bar, there was a ragged cheer from some of the rounders who were regulars "Don't worry, I'll be back at seven, boys!" she assured them.   "Oh damn!" one of them joked.    "You movin' in with him?!" another joshed. Arabella laughed and didn't say yes and didn't say no: well, Phin had said he didn't care if people talked!   @Flip

"Well Jonah, I've of the mind that with his patient load in Columbia falls, which also takes in Corum, so, his being a truly active part of the hospital as he would have before he moved on would be difficult if he were twenty. We'll need to locate medical people willing to move here, which would include another doctor or two." She responded, knowing Boone was getting up in age.

"I realize that will be a strain, sorting though those that apply to our hospital, but it will be a necessary evil." She smiled, "But, we still have the Town Council gauntlet to survive in the morning. It should be simple, or so Matthew has assured me, but as in any case involving people, we'll need to wait and see how it goes."

@Bongo

"When was simple ever simple?" Jonah mumbled, grinning, then he spoke in a normal tone.  "Well, I can at least try to get a jump on things by hiring a couple nurses, that will ease some of the burden here." 

He might not be able to offer much, but if he could take on two young ladies, he could offer them room and board without any appearance of impropriety, so that would be an incentive.

"Perhaps," he suggested with a twinkle in his eye, "Miss's Mudd and Wigfall?  Then we'd have no need of a building at all!"

@Flip

• Wow! 1

"Unless you are joking about those two ladies, they may indeed want such a position. There is a considerable sum set aside for salaries because we cannot expect people to work for nothing care for those using the hospital." She explained. "And just what did you mean, then we'd have no need of a building?"

Of course he was joking, Yes, anyplace might do, but a dedicated and well equipped hospital was what was needed, and had been promised to the Governor. And wasn't that the whole point of this struggle? A hospital? Of course he was joking.

@Bongo

• Thanks 1