• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recently Used Characters

• "Well thank you Walter." He looked to Bradley Fairchild. "Interesting. Shall we put pour bags in the room and perhaps catch a bite and a drink or two? I have no idea what this could be but we'll know soon enough."   "Yes, let's, I could use a drink after that ride out here, maybe a couple, and something to eat, that sounds about right to me." The two men headed to their respective rooms to drop off their bags, then each headed toward the dining room, Tyndall clutching the mysterious envelope.   Each placed his order for an early dinner, and ordered drinks at the same time, those would be served right off so, without further ado, Carson Tydall opened the envelope and removed it's contents. A number of papers, on top a note of explanation. 'Mister Tyndall, Enclosed you will find a copy of a contract between the town of Kalispell and Leah Steelgrave. We believe that due to that absence of the signatures of myself, and Judge Benjamin Robertson there was no legal quorum, and therefor this contract is not valid. C. Latham'   There was the contract, a list of the council members and a copy of the minutes of the meeting where the contract was approved and a bank draft for five hundred dollars.   "Latham, he can be such a pain in the rump!" Tyndall stated.  
    • Rating: PG-14 Content: N/A With: Tully, Clara, maybe more? Location: Lickskillet Cafe When: September/ 1876 Time of Day: Night Tully had a good deal of patience, and could sit very still for hours, it was a skill she had learned at a young age, to stay hidden and unobserved.  Tonight, as she had a few times before, she was crouched at the end of the alley near the cafe, waiting for the last of the customers to leave.  After that, there was a short time when the young woman running the place would leave the kitchen to clean the dining area, and that was when Tully could sneak in the back and grab something...anything, she didn't care, so long as it was edible.   Finally, that last group left, and Tully quietly moved closer to the back door, waiting, listening, and when the lady left the kitchen, she slipped in the back door, grabbing a biscuit and stuffing it in her mouth, then reaching for more that disappeared into pockets.  There was some stew on the stove, but that would have to be put into something easier to carry than the large, hot kettle.   In her haste to pour the stew into a ceramic pitcher, Tully didn't consider that the kettle would still be as hot as it was, and as she picked it up, she let out a yelp, dropping the kettle as well as the pitcher.    Panicked, she looked toward the dining area as she scrambled for the back door, only managing to slip on the stew, tangle in a chair and fall to the floor...   @Wayfarer
    • "Well next time you're 'helpin' a friend', move the bed away from the wall: I had to darn near stuff cotton wool in my ears when I was sleeping next door!"   "You are being overly dramatic....as usual.....that was ONE time and one time only. It just happened, we are not in any sort of a romance," Caroline was annoyed at the very idea of that.   That's when Arabella informed her that Brendan had picked up a job.......at the town butcher shop recently opened by that Jewish man from the East. Very welcome news, that!   "Say, I'm just running to the stores now, look, I got my little basket with me - why don't you come with me and we can call in on him and say Howdy and have a good look at his meat."    Caroline made a face, "I do not cook, you know who does at the saloon by now. She also does the shopping for groceries. I have never been in a butcher shop in my life."   She had other plans in mind, she wanted to head over to the Wigfalls and see Lt. Greene.   Suddenly she had an idea, "But I'll make you a deal. I will accompany you there but in return you must promise me that you will not show up while Lt. Greene and I are dining. Like last time."
    • A perplexed look appeared on Walter's face. Even though he had been looking at the envelope, he hadn't bothered checking out who it was addressed to.  It had been in the slot where mail was dropped off for guests who hadn't checked in yet.  The hotel was busy at this time of year, that the mail slots were only for use for guests who were currently staying at the hotel.  The former occupants of the rooms where Mr. Tyndall and his friend were staying, had left only a few hours ago.  Thankfully, Mr. Wentworth had a hired maids who did their jobs well enough to have the room ready in time.   Reading the name on the envelope, he saw that it was indeed address to Tyndall.  Smiling sheepishly, he handed over to the man.   He hefted the envelope wondering what was inside, but there was time to look at it when he was in his room. "Who dropped this off for me? Mister Latham perhaps?"   "Sorry, Mr. Tyndall I have no idea.  It was probably dropped off some time during the night.  You could ask the night clerk when he comes on duty at 8 o'clock."   @Flip
    • They returned to the Marshal's office which doubled as the Copper Queen's office for the time being. And, as Town Marshal, he needed to be in town as much as possible, which was not fair either Alice or Amos, at least as far as Speed was concerned. Yes, there was Charlie, but heaping too much on him was not fair either. He was hired to protect the town, no his own personal interests, although that was common in some parts of the country.   But with Alice for company, that made sitting at his desk a whole lot more pleasant. Waiting for Amos, who might be days getting back to Kalispell, would be worry enough for the pair of them.   As Speed was about to ask Alice about the wedding plans a man stepped through the door. A man he had seen, and possibly talked to, wearing two guns.   "'scuse me Marshal, I can come back." He said.   "No, it's alright. What can I do for you?" Speed asked.   "I was wondering, could you use some help, or know where a man short on cash might find work?" Speed looked at the man, "Names Thornton, Tyrell Thornton."

I'd Like a Room

Rating: PG-14
Content: N/A

Author:  Wayfarer

With: Turk Flagg
When:  Sept. 1876
Time of Day: Afternoon

content-divider.png

As soon as he was released Turk Flagg got back to what he had been planning on doing before he ran into the now deceased former neighbor of his from pre-war Kansas. He had gotten revenge for his little brother and for his family. But it's not like it made him feel any better to be honest. For Thomas was still long dead and his mother had died soon after the war's finish. She was never quite the same after that attack and when she took sick, she passed away rather quickly. Turk had not even been there for it or the funeral. He still planned someday to go back to Kansas, after all he had two sisters who were now married with families of their own. Yeah, someday.

Kalispell wasn't a big town at all but in the end he still had to ask a local citizen, an older woman, where might he find the boarding house or houses. She was obliging and pointed him in the right direction. It was called the Whigfellow house or something like that, the old woman talked so dang fast. From then on it was a short walk to the front porch of said residence. Sure enough, there was a small sign in one window indicating rooms were available.  Yes, there was a hotel in town but Caroline had warned him away from that place as being too expensive. He wasn't looking for anything fancy, a bed and a roof would do.

Tromping up the steps of the porch he paused at the front door then knocked and waited. He stood ready to take his hat off should one of the female persuasion open the door and cleared his throat.

@Javia

• 3 weeks later...

The door of the boarding house was thick, a bastion of sturdy local old-growth Ponderosa Pine, but not thick enough to muffle the sound of raised voices within. 

"HECTOR!! GET THE DOOR!!"

"IT'S HER TURN!!"

"NO IT AIN'T!!"

"YES IT IS!!"

"JEMIMA ANDREA WIGFALL, JUST YOU GET THAT DOOR!!!" etc. etc. 

There was a husky but definitely female "It ain't fair!" to be heard before the door opened suddenly and a young woman of some 19 or 20 Summers was to be seen, framed by the door jamb like an oil painting. The Wreck of the Hesperus, perhaps. She looked at Flagg dully. 

"You're the feller that shot that other feller." she told him. Like he didn't know. "You looking for a room?"

@Wayfarer

Sonofa..... there sure was a lot of shouting on the other side of that door, Turk couldn't help but think as he waited for someone to actually go ahead and answer it. Finally it was opened.

"You're the feller that shot that other feller." the young gal told him, "You looking for a room?"

"Both answers are  'yes'," Turk nodded as he removed his hat to a woman, kind of a grumpy looking one at that.

"Heard that you got reasonable rates unlike the hotel," he tacked on with a friendly smile, "Promise I won't shoot nobody."

@Javia

"Both answers are  'yes'," Turk nodded as he removed his hat to a woman, kind of a grumpy looking one at that.

Jemima gave a po-faced, but approving nod. The feller didn't waste words, she approved of that. She didn't either. Not like Arabella, who would talk for hours about nothing. 

"Heard that you got reasonable rates unlike the hotel," he tacked on with a friendly smile, "Promise I won't shoot nobody."

"You should shoot the Hotel Manager, prices he charges." she commented dryly "I hear tell you go after outlaws." she added, clearly classing Matt Wentworth and his fancy prices into that bracket. "Come in." she said and led the way inside. 

She traipsed him through the hall, opening doors and giving a running commentary "Parlour, you can use that..." One of the inmates, a retiring looking gent, a commercial traveller, peered out from an armchair and nodded a howdy, while an open copy of The Telegrapher obscured the face and upper body of her brother. Another door.

"Scullery down there, you can have a hot bath, but that's extra."

"Dining room, when do you take breakfast?" she asked.

A shout from upstairs shook the foundations.

"WHO IS IT?"

"FELLER WANTS A ROOM!"

"GIVE HIM NUMBER SEVEN, IT'S CLEANED!"

"I KNOW, I CLEANED IT!!"

She led him up some creaky stairs (all the better for catching anybody who tried to clear out without paying!) and at the top, where the confines of the space pushed them close together, she looked Turk up and down (as far as she could in the close proximity) and with her beady little black eyes boring into his, asked "Why d'you shoot that feller?"

@Wayfarer

Edited by Javia (see edit history)

"You should shoot the Hotel Manager, prices he charges." the young woman commented dryly .

Turk had to chuckle at that one, "Nah."

"I hear tell you go after outlaws." she added, "Come in."

He followed her on in, "Sometimes I do, thank ya."

She traipsed him through the hall, opening doors and giving a running commentary "Parlour, you can use that..."

Turk glanced in, one of the occupants called 'howdy', Turk nodded, "You too."

"No thanks," the newest roomer replied. 

"Whenever I  can get it," he responded cheekily.

There followed some more shouting to interrupt the tour.  But fortunately it didn't last but a few shouts and tour was back on, this time leading to the second floor and, no doubt, his room to be.

"Why d'you shoot that feller?"   She was blunt, this one.

"Before the war he burnt down my family's farm and shot down my kid brother in cold blood. I wasn't there that time. But this time, there he was - right in front of me," he answered calmly without hesitation.

@Javia

"No thanks," the newest roomer replied. 

"Me neither." Jemima agreed. 

"Whenever I  can get it," he responded cheekily.

"Ha. You're funny." the girl informed him. She didn't laugh or smile when she said it, but it wasn't sarcastic. She meant it.

They were upstairs now.

"Why d'you shoot that feller?"   She was blunt, this one.

"Before the war he burnt down my family's farm and shot down my kid brother in cold blood. I wasn't there that time. But this time, there he was - right in front of me," he answered calmly without hesitation.

The Wigfall daughter's little piggy eyes narrowed even further. "Good!" she spat "I'd have shot him, too." her head tipped in curiosity "That's why you refused the reward then, I guess? Everybody's saying you're like Robin Hood, but you just didn't want to profit from your brother's death." she concluded. She nodded slowly.

"Here's your room" she said, and fished in her apron pocket for a key. She unlocked the room and placed the cold metal into his hand. Her Ma considered it fancy that they had locks on the internal bedroom doors, but the customers seemed to like it. 

"I got one, too, in case you want me to come in and clean or bring you anything in the morning." she told him.

@Wayfarer

The girl was sympathetic alright.  "Good!" she spat "I'd have shot him, too." her head tipped in curiosity "That's why you refused the reward then, I guess? Everybody's saying you're like Robin Hood, but you just didn't want to profit from your brother's death.

"Never met this Robin Hood or even heard of him but you got the gist of it. This wasn't a bounty for me, it was eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Reward enough for me," Turk nodded.

"Here's your room" she said, and fished in her apron pocket for a key. She unlocked the room and placed the cold metal into his hand.

"Thank ya," he took it.

"I got one, too, in case you want me to come in and clean or bring you anything in the morning."

"Doubt that will be necessary but I will let you know should I change my mind. So when is this briefly discussed breakfast? I would fancy a breakfast I did not have to cook over an open fire in the middle of nowhere," he inquired. 

@Javia

"Doubt that will be necessary but I will let you know should I change my mind. So when is this briefly discussed breakfast? I would fancy a breakfast I did not have to cook over an open fire in the middle of nowhere," he inquired. 

"Breakfast's any time between six and eight, but if you know when you're likely to rise it helps us make sure you get fed prompt like." she told him. Her inert features actually looked a little misty eyed for a second. 

"I think I'd like to cook a breakfast over an open fire in the middle of nowhere one day." 

She glanced up at him. "I've lived in Kalispell all my life and never been out of it. I'd like to get out of here one day. I'm bored of it." she said with some feeling. 

@Wayfarer

"Breakfast's any time between six and eight, but if you know when you're likely to rise it helps us make sure you get fed prompt like." she told him. Her inert features actually looked a little misty eyed for a second. 

"Between six and eight is fine," Turk was easy to please, hell, all he had to do was eat it not make it.

"I think I'd like to cook a breakfast over an open fire in the middle of nowhere one day." 

"Is that so?" it was a necessary task he had done often and not fond of it.

She glanced up at him. "I've lived in Kalispell all my life and never been out of it. I'd like to get out of here one day. I'm bored of it."

"Well, you look ta me close to adulthood. If you really feel that way, then by all means head on out into the world. Warn ya though, from one who's seen a bunch of it, it can be a hard place with it's share of good folk and bad. Keep watch for the bad. Especially as a young lady all alone," was Turk's blunt advice.

She glanced up at him. "I've lived in Kalispell all my life and never been out of it. I'd like to get out of here one day. I'm bored of it."

"Well, you look ta me close to adulthood. If you really feel that way, then by all means head on out into the world. Warn ya though, from one who's seen a bunch of it, it can be a hard place with it's share of good folk and bad. Keep watch for the bad. Especially as a young lady all alone," was Turk's blunt advice.

Jemima looked at him, thought for a second and nodded. "You're right. Something bad might happen to me out there, Mr Flagg. But if I stay here... nothing will ever happen to me. I'll just, well, I think I'll just become one of these buildings, Mr Flagg. Does that sound crazy?"

Sometimes she thought back to Porter James and her plan to run away and become pirates and, although it was the most stupid and laughable plan imaginable, she thought about it sometimes because it was the only plan she had to cling to. 

@Wayfarer

The young woman looked at him, thought for a second and nodded. "You're right. Something bad might happen to me out there, Mr Flagg. But if I stay here... nothing will ever happen to me. I'll just, well, I think I'll just become one of these buildings, Mr Flagg. Does that sound crazy?"

"Don't reckon I've ever confused anybody with a building before, miss," Turk smiled, "But I do get your point. If this place is such a dead end for you...and you really have your heart set on adventure....well, then you should go. All I meant was just be careful out there."

"I got an old friend in town and she could tell you things...about young ladies who got themselves in way over their heads seeking a different sort of life. It can go south real quick, that's the truth of it," Turk was referring to Caroline Mundee, the saloon singer.

"Don't reckon I've ever confused anybody with a building before, miss," Turk smiled.

A ghost of a smile even decorated Jemima's bovine features at this. 

"But I do get your point. If this place is such a dead end for you...and you really have your heart set on adventure....well, then you should go. All I meant was just be careful out there."

She nodded thoughtfully. She wasn't lively and gay like Arabella, she wasn't pretty like Miriam Kaufmann or Anaesthesia Orr, she was dull and she was plain. Folks thought of her as a drudge, and drudge she was. But still, inside of her somewhere was an urge to go - not to any particular place; live Arabella and Miriam with thier New York plans, but just to go.

"I got an old friend in town and she could tell you things...about young ladies who got themselves in way over their heads seeking a different sort of life. It can go south real quick, that's the truth of it," Turk was referring to Caroline Mundee, the saloon singer.

Jemima frowned. 

"Do you mean Fat Fanny?" she asked, curious. "How do you know her?"

@Wayfarer

Jemima frowned. 

"Do you mean Fat Fanny?" she asked, curious. "How do you know her?"

Turk grinned, "I don't even know anyone named Fanny let along your Fat Fanny individual. Sounds like a nasty nickname, poor gal."

"No my friend is Caroline Mundee, she is the singer at the Star Dust. Not that I would expect a young miss like you hangin' about a place like that," he further explained.

@Javia

Turk grinned, "I don't even know anyone named Fanny let along your Fat Fanny individual. Sounds like a nasty nickname, poor gal."

"Well, she's fat and her name is Fanny." shrugged Jemima, matter-of-factly. Boy, for a hardened killer, Mr Flagg sure was a sensitive soul. Come to think of it, the girl who washed the soldiers shirts at the fort even introduced herself as Fat Fanny!

"No my friend is Caroline Mundee, she is the singer at the Star Dust. Not that I would expect a young miss like you hangin' about a place like that," he further explained.

Jemima pulled a pained face. 

"We fell out." she said shortly. "We both got a mutual friend called Arabella. We fell out about her and... I said some bad stuff to Miss Mundee. Said she wasn't... respectable like." the girl admitted. She wondered why she was telling Mr Flagg all this.

@Wayfarer

"No my friend is Caroline Mundee, she is the singer at the Star Dust. Not that I would expect a young miss like you hangin' about a place like that," Turk further explained.

Jemima pulled a pained face. 

"We fell out." she said shortly. "We both got a mutual friend called Arabella. We fell out about her and... I said some bad stuff to Miss Mundee. Said she wasn't... respectable like." the girl admitted. 

"Oh you mean Miss Mudd. Yep, I met her...spunky little thing. I liked her. But she was in the saloon and she and Caroline were gettin' along just dandy," Turk informed her.

"Suppose some might not think she's respectable. But I don't care, I've known her for some time and she's a good friend of mine. No one is a more loyal friend than her. Course you're entitled to your opinion."

@Javia

"Oh you mean Miss Mudd. Yep, I met her...spunky little thing. I liked her. But she was in the saloon and she and Caroline were gettin' along just dandy," Turk informed her.

Jemima nodded, although she knew that the two didn't always get along. Arabella sometimes actually going out of the way to cause a fight between the saloon singer and herself: she liked the drama as well as the kiss-and-make-up afterwards. As for Jemima herself, she never let Arabella's little games raise her dander. 

"Suppose some might not think she's respectable. But I don't care, I've known her for some time and she's a good friend of mine. No one is a more loyal friend than her. Course you're entitled to your opinion."

"That's just it... I don't think that is my opinion anymore, Mr Flagg. I think I just copied what everybody else says, you know, that all women who work in saloons are... well, not quite nice. In fact, I'm starting to question a lot of things lately. Like..." she suddenly remembered herself and shook her head. 

"I'm sorry, Mr Flagg, you don't want to hear a silly girl chattering on about herself... here let me show you your rom." she said, opening the door and letting him go in first. 

"Bed's there, washbasin's there, wardrobe to hang your clothes in" she pointed as she stated the obvious. 

@Wayfarer

"That's just it... I don't think that is my opinion anymore, Mr Flagg. I think I just copied what everybody else says, you know, that all women who work in saloons are... well, not quite nice. In fact, I'm starting to question a lot of things lately. Like..." 

Turk wanted to say something but knew she had not quite finished and let her gather her words.

"I'm sorry, Mr Flagg, you don't want to hear a silly girl chattering on about herself... here let me show you your room." she said, opening the door and letting him go in first. 

"You weren't borin' me none," he just shrugged, he liked talking with folks most times.

"Bed's there, washbasin's there, wardrobe to hang your clothes in"

Nodding he replied, "Fair enough. Looks all proper and clean. Plenty good for the likes of me. But getting back to your thoughts. Good on you, that you don't necessarily want to think like most folks think. Make your own decisions. Trust your judgement. That's what advice I got when I was younger and I like to think it made a lot of sense."

"Bed's there, washbasin's there, wardrobe to hang your clothes in"

Nodding he replied, "Fair enough. Looks all proper and clean. Plenty good for the likes of me."

Jemima nodded along and gave a little smile, which lit up her homely face: at least, a little. She was surprised, pleasantly surprised,  when he brought the conversation back to herself. 

"But getting back to your thoughts. Good on you, that you don't necessarily want to think like most folks think. Make your own decisions. Trust your judgement. That's what advice I got when I was younger and I like to think it made a lot of sense."

The girl, whose whole demeanor was usually somewhat hangdog, seemed to physically straighten at Mr Flagg's words. He was, in some ways, the first person she had ever encountered who had actually listened to her, even including her ostensible friends and even - or especially - her family. 

Case in point, her mother now appeared. 

250px-2001-sign-frewer-hudson.jpg

"Oh, hello" she cooed at Mr Flagg "Bed and Breakfast is it?" she looked him over, to make sure he wasn't, well, one of the undesirable races. Hopefully he would have seen the 'No Irish' sign, which was the one race that was hard to spot until they opened their mouths. Obviously, she could spot a black and Chinaman or a Jew a mile away. 

"Jemima!" she snapped "Stop bothering the gentleman and go and peel the potatoes!" she ordered. "I am so sorry, Mr...er?" "Flagg" her daughter informed her. "Oh, Mr Flagg..." (not O'Flagg she was glad to hear) "... you will have to excuse Jemima. She does rather have a habit of making a silly fool of herself when a handsome gentleman is in the room." she said in a distasteful combination of flattery for him and a put-down for Jemima herself. 

@Wayfarer

An older woman now appeared, no doubt in charge too.

"Oh, hello" she cooed at Mr Flagg "Bed and Breakfast is it?"

"Actually, ma'am, that's not my name, but I'm here to rent a room, yes," Turk nodded, he had earlier removed his hat and never put it back. Before he could introduce himself she spoke again.

"Jemima!" she snapped "Stop bothering the gentleman and go and peel the potatoes!"

"It's quite alright," Turk didn't like her treatment of her own daughter. Least he thought they were related.

"I am so sorry, Mr...er?"

"Flagg" her daughter informed her.

"Oh, Mr Flagg... ... you will have to excuse Jemima. She does rather have a habit of making a silly fool of herself when a handsome gentleman is in the room."

"Nothing to excuse, she was very helpful. Showed me the room. We had us a fine little neighborly chat. Must be easier for you to run this place with such a fine helper," Turk went to the girl's defense.

@Javia

"Actually, ma'am, that's not my name, but I'm here to rent a room, yes," Turk nodded, he had earlier removed his hat and never put it back. Before he could introduce himself she spoke again.

To be fair, the joke went either over the heads of, or perhaps beneath the notice of, both Mother and Daughter. But on finding Mr Bed and Breakfast's real moniker, Mrs Wigfall waxed lyrical upon poor Jemima's shortcomings. 

"Oh, Mr Flagg... ... you will have to excuse Jemima. She does rather have a habit of making a silly fool of herself when a handsome gentleman is in the room."

"Nothing to excuse, she was very helpful. Showed me the room. We had us a fine little neighborly chat. Must be easier for you to run this place with such a fine helper," Turk went to the girl's defense.

"Hmmm" the older woman grunted suspiciously. Ugly as her daughter was, she could still be jealous of her younger years. She dismissed the girl with a preemptory "Go and see to the supper."

Jemima looked daggers at her mother, then spared Mr Flagg one of her rare smiles and a quick "Bye!" and was gone. 

The truth was, Mrs Wigfall wanted the company of a man, a real man. Her husband was useless. The kids weren't even his - how could they be?! - he had never managed to rise to the occasion. But once upon a time she had been young and beautiful and courted by lots of young men. Until recently one of them, Richard Orr, had visited her at least once a week and given her a taste of the past. 'Once more for old times sake, Mary dear!' he used to say. Ahhh, but since his death, there had been a lonely hole in her life. 

Now they were alone, she looked Mr Turk Flagg over with the appraising eye of a farmer looking for a new prize bull at a cattle market. 

"Will you be staying long, Mr Flagg? I have a much bigger and nicer room I will be able to move you into the day after tomorrow" she beamed sweetly. 

@Wayfarer

The woman dismissed her daughter yet again despite him sticking up for her. It was her perogative Turk supposed and nodded when the girl said goodbye. He certainly could see for himself now why the younger one wanted to leave her home for perhaps some adventure.

"Will you be staying long, Mr Flagg? I have a much bigger and nicer room I will be able to move you into the day after tomorrow"   Mrs. Wigfall now inquired.

"Don't know how long I plan on staying. A good week at least though. As for a bigger and nicer room, don't need it or want it. This one will do me just fine. I don't reckon on spendin' much time in it anyhow, cept for to sleep there at night. But thank ya for the offer," he replied.

"Don't know how long I plan on staying. A good week at least though. As for a bigger and nicer room, don't need it or want it. This one will do me just fine. I don't reckon on spendin' much time in it anyhow, cept for to sleep there at night. But thank ya for the offer," he replied.

"Very good." nodded Mary Wigfall, leaving it at that, despite her interest in the man; for she too, once she heard the name, recognised it as the one belonging to the shootist who had donated a fat wad of bounty money to local good causes. However, many years' experience had taught her not to delve directly into the private business of her tenants. 

However, she did need to know one practicality. 

"And will you be requiring a front door key, Mr Flagg. If so, I hope you will come in quietly after 10 of the Clock at night." she chided.

@Wayfarer

The woman seemed content not to push her offer, it was nice of her to have made it but Turk had simple tastes and a room with a roof over his head was all he wanted.

"And will you be requiring a front door key, Mr Flagg. If so, I hope you will come in quietly after 10 of the Clock at night." she chided.

"Ma'am, I try to come in quietly anywhere I go and regardless of what time it is but thank you for the warning. I will try all the harder to be the ...what do they say? Church mouse," Turk nodded with a grin. 

"Good day to you. See you at the breakfast table."

@Javia

"Ma'am, I try to come in quietly anywhere I go and regardless of what time it is but thank you for the warning. I will try all the harder to be the ...what do they say? Church mouse," Turk nodded with a grin. 

"Well, with your silent tread, let's just hope you don't surprise me on the corridor in my nightgown then, Mr Flagg!" she smiled greedily and touched his arm as if in jest, but there was a definite hint that she would actually quite like to be 'surprised in her nightgown' by the tough gunslinger. 

He quickly got the frustrated landlady out of his room, before anything else along those lines might be said.

"Good day to you. See you at the breakfast table."

"Oh, of course, you must be tired after your exertions today, ridding the town of that awful man" (whoever he had been!) "... and do remember to let me know if you would like a hot bath sometime. We usually charge extra for that, but not in the case of a charitable hero like yourself Mr Flagg, I would prepare it for you personally, not too hot, of course. We wouldn't want to scald anything, would we?" she purred, before leaving him to unpack his junk.

@Wayfarer

[OOC Cut to breakfast? Greeny will be there by then]

ooc reply:  Ok, sounds good.