Jack Asher

Bloody Jack Asher Comes to Town

Mature Content: Not sure yet

With: Jack Asher, Matilda Devereau, Ralph Flandry, Other Saloon Patrons
When: September 1875
Time of Day: Late Afternoon/Early Evening

content-divider.png

It was mid afternoon when Jack Asher, Pinkerton Detective, rode into town. By the time he'd ridden into town, his main mount, his spare mount, and his pack horse were all pretty tired. It was a warmish September afternoon and Jack had doffed his coat a while back. His practically brand new 1875 Remington .44-40 Revolvers, a gift from Allan Pinkerton himself, a reward for a job done really well, could be seen in their shoulder holsters, butts forward, worn that way so he could draw either one with either hand easily. And quickly. Jack had been taught to shoot when he was 11 years old, nearly a quarter century ago, and had taken up the way of the gun at 14. In that time he'd learned to draw fast, but more importantly smooth, to move his body in a way that pulled the holsters away from the pistols at the same time he was pulling the pistols from the holsters, and to place the pistol in such a way that he hardly had to aim to hit his target, long as that target was a person and within near pistol shot.

His trousers were tucked into his boots and protruding from the top of the right boot, outboard of the leg, was the handle of a fair-sized Bowie knife. In a sheath on one side of his saddle was a 10-gauge coach gun, in a sheath on the other side was an 1873 Winchester carbine, in .44-40 like the pistols so he could carry the same ammunition for both. There was even a spot for his Blackthorn shillelagh, which he kept around in case heads needed busting.

Jack wanted to get a drink, but he figured his horses had been decent enough to carry his carcass and his gear all the way up from New Mexico, the least he could do was get them seen to before he took care of himself. He found boarding house and a boy there saw to his horse and tack. Jack paid for a bath and the owners made arrangement to launder his dirty clothing after he had bathed and shaved and changed into his spare clothes. He'd get a haircut later. First he wanted food and drink. It was early evening by the time he walked through the doors to the Stardust Saloon, pistols under his armpits, knife in his boot. His other weapons were locked away in his room. He walked up to the bar and took a seat. He audibly set down a dollar coin on the bar.

"Whiskey, when you got a minute," Jack said. "And a beer, and I could do with a meal, too, if there's food to be had."

TAG Devereau, Flanders

Edited by Chistery
wanted to change the position of his pistols (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A normal enough afternoon for the saloon, a few customers were scattered between the long bar and the assorted tables. One card game was going on among four men, the stakes were cheap and the game friendly.  Ralph was manning the bar by himself though this evening. Didn't look like it was going to be real crowded this night.  He noticed the newcomer come in of course but waited til the man seemed ready to make an order.

"Sure nuff, one whiskey comin' up," he nodded even as he reached for a bottle of the cheap stuff. If customers wanted the good stuff (which of course cost more), they needed to ask for it.

The man also desired a beer and inquired about some food. Both requests reasonable enough.

Ralph poured a shot glass to the brim as he added, "Get that beer for ya in a minute. We do have beef stew. Most folks who've tried it say it's damn good stew. Thick n' meaty."

He then set the shot glass in the front of the fellow, "That'll be a nickel."

@Chistery

Edited by Wayfarer (see edit history)

Jack lay a nickle on the bar. He'd take the cheap stuff for now, depending on how cheap. Truth was, he didn't really like whisky or beer for that matter. But getting applejack and hard cider wasn't always easy and sometimes drew some strange looks if he asked for them. So cheap or expensive, as long as it cut the trail dust, it was fine with him.

"I'll take the stew," Jack said. He sipped his whiskey and suppressed a grimace. "I saw as I rode in I saw this town has itself a marshal's office. You got a marshal to go with it?"

@Flandry

Edited by Chistery (see edit history)

Ralph slid the nickel along the bar until it dropped into his second hand and then popped it into his bartender's apron pockets. He was already moving to fulfill the man's request for a beer.  He tapped it from a big keg then set the glass down in front of the man.

"Here ya go, I can go get you a big bowl of the stew then," he nodded but the man had a question that had nothing to do with saloon products. Ralph listened then answered.

"Well, we got one alright. But I think the old one retired recently. Think they got a new one but I'll be damned if I know his name. I don't much pay attention to politics and the local law, not my concern," Ralph did his best to explain.

@Chistery

Jack frowned. How does the owner of a saloon not pay attention to local law? What lawman worth his salt doesn't acquaint himself with the local saloon so as to make sure there's no trouble? Sounded like the town marshal might be useless. Jack decided he'd make a point of not frequenting the saloon very much. A saloon that the local law doesn't visit is bound to be somewhere there would be trouble. Jack could handle trouble, but his solutions to those kinds of problems tended to be a bit... permanent. His status as a Pinkerton detective usually protected him from running afoul of the law when that happened, but there had been some close calls. Might be he'd be taking his meals somewhere else from now on. He'd have to stop in a see the man and see just what kind of town this was.

"You get much trouble in here?" he asked. "What with the marshal not making his presence known in your establishment, I mean. A saloon the town law don't set foot in... seems to me people might decide they could act with impunity."

@Wayfarer

"It's a saloon. On occasion there has been some trouble. But I've been in saloons since the war and I know how to handle myself. My partner is the same.  We got no complaints. As for the law, they'd come if we needed them I reckon," Ralph smirked.

"There was one big brawl not that long ago. The town was having it's summer festival and we'd set up a beer tent on the festival grounds. Things were going smoothly and then some girl came waltzin' in looking for a couple of cowpokes.  There was quite the argument, that little miss wouldn't back down. One of the men punched her right to the ground. Well, that set it all off. Matilda and me managed to save most of our glasses though in the mayhem. No gunplay."

"Oh yeah, the deputy marshal is a woman and she was in there punching with the rest of 'em. It was really quite entertaining. You shoulda seen it," he grinned at the memories.

@Chistery

Jack gave a slight smile. "I've always believed women to be as tough as men," he said. "Tougher if you think about it, considering the way the world treats 'em and such. I'll have to stop in and see at least that deputy tonight or tomorrow. Always like to be on friendly terms with local law, in case I have settle any kind of misunderstanding with some one who thinks I'm an easy mark or weak target. I'm less likely to get tossed in jail or worse, shot, if the law in town knows who I am," Jack held out his hand. "Jack Asher." he said, by way of introducing himself.

@Wayfarer

Edited by Chistery (see edit history)

large.Santee.jpg.65fa471a3d5e69037dc731adbec0a8dc.jpglarge.Bannister.jpg.3d67264177c1d3b22854174d44c1f1ac.jpg

With Miss Leah back at the hotel until dinner, Bannister and Santee decided to have a drink and while they were at it see what information might be had in the Stardust Saloon. Saloons were more than a pace to have drinks and maybe something to eat, they were a clearing house for information, range conditions, current temperament of the Indians, politics, to stage schedules, anything of interest to most anyone.

The two men pushed through the bat wings into the room. The full doors were not yet in use as the temperature was still moderate. The walked up to the bar, missing nothing, a handful of  men were at the tables, a friendly looking card game in the corner, and a man seated at the bar.

Both men were known in Kalispel as they were often seen with Missus Steelgrave, or, as they were now with Miss Steelgrave. It was Bannister that spoke up; "Evenin' Flandry, couple whiskeys  if you please." Santee laid four bits on the bar.

Tag @Wayfarer@Chistery

"Have to agree with you about the wimmenfolk. You should see the co-owner of this place. Smart as a whip and don't scare none either," the bartender then extended his hand to shake with the newcomer.

"Jack.....I'm Ralph, Ralph Flandry," they exchanged a vigorous handshake.

Two new customers came in about then, Ralph knew them to be cowpokes for the Steelgraves though rumor had it many of his so-called ranch hands might be better described as gun hands. These two sure looked like it. However it was none of his business, long as they didn't make trouble in the saloon.

"Couple a whiskeys comin' up," Ralph took his attention off Jack for an instant to address the latest customer request.

"Lemme get these two gents their drinks then I'll go in the back and get you that beef stew," he went back to talking to Jack.

Just then a feminine voice called out from in back, "Don't bother, Ralph. I can bring it out long as I'm here."

Ralph then served the Evergreen men their drinks while less than a minute later a petite blonde woman in a fancy back East dress emerged from the back carrying a tray with a bowl and spoon upon it. She eyed Asher and correctly guessed this was the man with the order so placed it right in front of him.

"There you go, mister. Enjoy it. If you need some salt, I can bring you some too, better taste it first," Matilda declared with a warm grin.

@Chistery@Flip

Jack covertly assessed the nature of the two newcomers without looking directly at them, a skill he'd picked up as a Pinkerton Detective. To Jack, it was absolutely clear the two were more hired gun than cowpoke. He said nothing to them for the time being. A person could learn a lot just by listening to other folks talk. Usually, if you gave a someone even freedom to flap their jaws, they'd give up what you wanted to know before they even knew you wanted to know it.

Besides, there was an attractive woman to devote a bit of his attention to. When Matilda came back with his stew, Jack met her eyes and smiled at her. "Thank you, Miss," he said. "This smells real good. Bet it tastes better." The Pinkerton detective held out his hand to Matilda. "Jonathan Jacob Asher. Call me Jack."

@Wayfarer @Flip

"Oh it tastes delicious. And not because I made it, I have a woman back there who's been making this recipe forever. My talents do not lie in the culinary arts," Matilda replied.

The young woman then extended her hand to him also, "Jack, a pleasure."

"I am Matilda Devereau, Ralph's partner in this place. I've not seen you here before have I."  It was less a question than a statement.

@Chistery@Flip

Edited by Wayfarer (see edit history)

Jack shook Matilda's hand gently but firmly, then released it. "Nope, I reckon you haven't," he said. "Just rode in today. I'll be in town a while, staying at the boarding house. I have some business up this way. You can think of my employer as a... professional problem solver. Folks come to him with their problems and he sends folks like me out to solve them. My employer was asked to... check up on someone. She comes from a rough background, had to make some hard decisions to survive, and fell in with a bad sort. Seems she's gotten herself on the wrong side of the law. But she's young still. Her life might not have to be ruined. If someone like me was to find her, well, I believe in second chances. I'm inclined to bring her in hale and hearty, and not just because I got some questions need answering. Were I to find her, you can rest assured I intend to ask those questions like the gentleman my mother of blessed memory would want me to be. Other folks, well, I doubt they'll be as gentle, if they even bother to try and bring her in alive. There's a bit of a price on her head. It's less if she's dead, but some might consider a corpse easier to deal with than a live, unwilling traveling companion. She's young, around your age, I'm guessing. As near as I can tell, she's usually seen wearing pants and carrying a pair of Smith & Wesson Schofield pistols. They say she's pretty enough, if a bit dusty most of the time. I'd greatly appreciate it if you was to let me know should you hear anything about someone like that coming through town, or direct others to me for the same reason. If civic duty and good conscience don't motivate folks to help this young lady out like I'm sure they do for you, there's money in information that checks out, more if it leads to me taking her into custody. Not as much as the bounty, but earned in a safer manner."

@Wayfarer @Flip

large.Santee.jpg.94847727987a9a96e3b8bb128a4ef05d.jpglarge.Bannister.jpg.aecdccccee8932cce6740c6edc305d35.jpg

Bannister looked at Santee as they stood at the bar, sipping on drinks they would ordinarily down in a single gulp. No, they wouldn’t be slugging down shots of red-eye this evening, not with Miss Leah about to have dinner with the town’s saw-bones.

Each had taken the measure of the man with the pair of Remington’s on his hips. First thought, he could be law or not, an easy assumption, but overhearing his conversation with Miss Devereau it was clear he was either a bounty hunter, or law of one kind or another. Didn’t much matter to either of them unless of course, Leah Steelgrave attracted his attention, then he would become their business.

They had a few minutes before they needed to be at the hotel, the idea of food was now put aside, which was not unusual for them, though there was time for another drink, neither was inclined to order one, but they were interested in listening to this gent.

Tag @Chistery@Wayfarer

Matilda definitely was impressed with his manners, a cut above some of the customers they got in the place on occasion. She might work in a saloon but she still expected to be treated like a lady. She noted he was freshly bathed and shaved too, a quite handsome looking fellow at that. It was always easier to chat with a customer who didn't reek of cow dung or lord only knew what else. So she listened dutifully as he then talked a bit about himself. Rather he danced around it some in her opinion. He moved smoothly into why he was actually in town or at least in this part of Montana. Seemed he was on the trail of a woman, a woman outlaw at that. Now that was different alright. While he did make it sound like he meant the best for this fugitive she was  realist enough to know that wasn't necessarily true.  It was plain enough what he was, even if he didn't outright come out and say it.

"Well, Jack, very well spoken of you. Seems this lady miscreant should be glad you are chasing her down instead of some other bounty hunter. That's what you are isn't it? A bounty hunter not a lawman. Otherwise you'd have showed me a badge," Matilda smiled.

"First off, I haven't seen anyone who looks like that. Secondly, while I wish you luck in your endeavor to catch this ....person...you'll have to do so without any help from me. I mind my own business and my customers like it that way. Try not to play any favorites," she then chuckled a bit, "You know when I was a child I was told....no one likes a tattle tale.....I still remember that advice today."

@Chistery @Flip

Jack sighed. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his Pinkerton National Detective Agency badge, held it in front of him long enough for Matilda to read what it said, then pinned it to the left breast of his vest. He was going to try and keep a low profile, but he needed Angel to think he was the best option, better than staying on the run, better than getting caught by a bounty hunter, and better than falling in with someone like One-Eyed Bob or worse. If folks thought he was a bounty hunter, that wasn't going to happen.

"As I was saying, Miss Devereau," he said. "Not a bounty hunter. I'm a Pinkerton detective. Dorothy Parsons AKA Dotty AKA Angel fell in with One-Eyed Bob Baker and his gang. Among a slew of other crimes, they robbed a train in Texas early summer of this year. Bounty hunters tracked down the gang in New Mexico. They caught Bob and he's since been hanged. He didn't give up his friends or the whereabouts of the money. And that brings me to my part in this. I'm a private detective. My client is Wells Fargo Bank, not the State of Texas. I'm more interested in recovering as much of Wells Fargo's money as I can than seeing a young woman who made some poor choices swing. If she were to help me do my job, maybe I see what I can do for her with the law back in Texas. Barring that, maybe I just don't bring her in. That won't get the law off of her, but it will mean she won't have me on her trail calling attention to her whereabouts."

Jack met Matilda's eyes again and smiled at her warmly. "Miss Devereau, I won't press you for your assistance," he said. "But I really do believe it would be best if I was to find Angel before some bounty hunter or deputy territorial marshal, with no stake in her health and well-being, comes upon her." Jack held Matilda's gaze for a moment more, then broke it to take a spoonful of stew. He chewed it carefully and swallowed it. "Well, now, you be sure to give my compliments to your cook. This is fine stew, just what I needed after all this time on trail rations."

@Wayfarer @Flip

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his Pinkerton National Detective Agency badge, held it in front of him long enough for Matilda to read what it said, then pinned it to the left breast of his vest.

That also meant Bannister, closest to him, saw the movement and then the badge. He nudged Santee and they both downed what remained of their drinks and strode out the door.

“Gawddammned Pink!” Santee bellowed once they were out of earshot of the Stardust. “Had my fill of them ten years ago!”

“Wonder what drug him up here? Maybe we need to let Miss Leah know, see if one of us cain’t ride for the Evergreen.” Bannister wondered aloud. “Boss’ll wanna know.” The two looked to each other and started for the hotel.

Seldom would they bother Leah Steelgrave unless they deemed it important enough, and to them a Pinkerton Detective was plenty important! Neither of these men were dolts, in fact they, like the majority of men on the Steelgrave payroll were fairly sharp, which would account for their longevity.

The entered the hotel looking for either Wentworth or Simpson, as neither of them were prepared to go to her suite, that was just unheard of, since this was not life or death.

Tag @JulieS

Jack heard the two cowboys reaction to him... and didn't care. Them running their mouths would probably help him, though fortunately, neither seemed to recognize his name, which meant they probably weren't from Missouri or even very near there, since Bloody Jack Asher started his work fighting Missouri bushwhackers back in 1854 at the start of Bleeding Kansas when he was only 14 years old. Jack had his reasons back then, the main one being that proslavery bushwhackers had ranged north of the Kansas/Missouri border and raped and murdered his beloved sister, Elizabeth. Jack just couldn't let that stand. After Bleeding Kansas, he'd spent most of the Civil War in that area as well, gathering intelligence and hunting down men who saw honor in fighting for the right to keep black men in chains, not so they could own them themselves, but rather so they'd have someone to look down on, they themselves being looked down on by the well to do of southern society.

Jack had killed many men in his work, but he'd never murdered anyone. Very few people outside of Kansas knew this about Jack (he didn't hide it but he didn't advertise it) but Jack was Jewish. He wasn't hardly observant at all, and neither was his family, but he'd done the learning he was supposed to do. After he'd joined up with the anti-slavery partisans he'd ridden with and taken a man's life, his father told him that what Christians thought of as Thou Shalt Not Kill, in Hebrew actually said Thou Shalt Not Murder. The way Jack saw it, he'd killed people, enough to be thought of as Bloody Jack (a name he hated), but he'd never murdered anyone.

9 hours ago, Flip said:

Seldom would they bother Leah Steelgrave unless they deemed it important enough, and to them a Pinkerton Detective was plenty important! Neither of these men were dolts, in fact they, like the majority of men on the Steelgrave payroll were fairly sharp, which would account for their longevity.

The entered the hotel looking for either Wentworth or Simpson, as neither of them were prepared to go to her suite, that was just unheard of, since this was not life or death.

Walter Simpson had been holding up a letter near the lamp trying to work out what was inside when the two men entered.  Quickly putting the letter back in its hole, he straightened his coat and turned to face the desk.  Recognising the men as the ones who had arrived with Miss Steelgrave, he took a deep breath as it looked like they weren't in a good mood.  It was just his luck that it was his turn to be on the early evening shift.  Knowing that Mr. Wentworth and that Irish cook was nearby helped calm any fears he may have had at their unexpected presence.

Smiling, he greeted the men,  "Good evening.  Is there anything I can do to assist you."

@Flip

large.Bannister.jpg.aecdccccee8932cce6740c6edc305d35.jpg

"You can, we need you to please let Miss Steelgrave know that we wish to see her as soon as possible." Bannister paused. "It is extremely important." Nate Bannister was, when he needed to be, well spoken and always took the lead in conversing with towns people where a proper vocabulary was required.

Not unlike a lot of people, both men and women in the west, they were not always what they seemed. Nathan Orland Bannister had been an instructor at a boys school in Maryland before heading west to seek the promised excitement of the frontier. 

Tag @JulieS

Edited by Flip (see edit history)

The man, much more sophisticated than she would have expected a bountyhunter to be, then produced a badge. Matilda glanced at it. A Pinkerton. He then followed that gesture up by pinning it to his vest. He continued then to state his case and she  listened. People always said that much about her, she was a good listener. It was a helpful trait to have when you worked in a saloon after all.

"Well, as you have made clear already, a Pinkerton is not a lawman. So you're chasing this woman for a bank not the state of Texas. Given what you've said about her former partners, Bob being hung, I'd say she would be highly unlikely to get off with a light sentence. However, if you are telling the truth here - and let's face it, people can be great liars - and you might just let her go if you get the bank's money back, well then this Dotty woman might well be one lucky gal. Doesn't change anything in the here and now though," Matilda gave a shrug of narrow shoulders.

"I never saw any such woman....Ralph?" she glanced at the bearded man next to her.

"Nope, me either," Ralph then noticed the two Evergreen hands were leaving the saloon after just one shot each. Maybe they had someplace important to go. No skin off his nose either way.

"So like I said, Jack, I wish you well on your search. But none of my affair," she couched the words with a pleasant smile.

Turned out Jack liked the stew, which she figured he would, almost every single customer who tried it said the same.

"Excellent, glad to hear it. I will certainly pass on your kind compliment to the cook. Might you be interested in a second bowl or another shot?"

(ooc: I'm assuming he probably hadn't drained the beer glass yet.)

@Chistery

Trust a woman to make it seem as though you were doing something wrong, no matter how hard you were trying to do something right. Jack didn't have to go out of his way for Dotty Parsons. He could just catch her and drag her back to Texas or shoot her and say there wasn't any other choice. But that wasn't how Jack liked to do things.

Allan Pinkerton had given Jack a job when he needed one, and a purpose. That job had been dangerous, sure. He'd damn near died more times that he'd like to remember. But he was mostly spared the potential dangers of camp sickness, artillery fire, etc. So he felt a loyalty, a sense of purpose, in continuing to work for Pinkerton even after the war. And if he had wanted to leave the Pinkertons after the war, what place would there have been for him? Bloody Jack Asher wasn't likely to get hired as a lawman in any town not controlled by people of questionable character. So then what? Should he hire himself out to fight in range wars or as a bounty hunter? Ride shotgun on a stagecoach? No, at least as a Pinkerton detective, he was more than just his guns and his muscle, and while some of their clients made him want to wash when he was done with them, a lot of the work had been very rewarding.

"The beer will do me just fine for now, Miss Devereau, so I'll nurse that a while, I think," Jack said, still genuinely charming. Matilda Devereau was pleasant enough, and easy on the eyes. She wasn't saying or doing anything he hadn't experienced many times before, in many towns, before this one. "And decline the second whiskey. In my experience an excess of either can lead to poor decision making, and in the presence of so lovely a lady, I'd prefer to make wise decisions. I'll decline the stew as well, since I don't think my horse would appreciate me putting on too much weight. But I'll be in here frequently during my stay, in the hopes of more food, and company, of similar caliber."

@Wayfarer

10 hours ago, Flip said:

"You can, we need you to please let Miss Steelgrave know that we wish to see her as soon as possible." Bannister paused. "It is extremely important." Nate Bannister was, when he needed to be, well spoken and always took the lead in conversing with towns people where a proper vocabulary was required.

"Would you like to leave a note, or would you like to speak to her in person?"  Walter asked politely.

He knew that Miss Steelgrave would be down soon to dine in the hotel's restaurant, so they could wait until then.  If they wanted him to deliver the message to her room, he had the excuse of staying at the desk as he was the only one around.  Besides, he didn't really want to talk with Miss Steelgrave unless it was completely necessary.  The stories he had from some of his friends about her and her family was enough to make him steer clear of anybody with the last name of Steelgrave.

In anticipation of one of the two men wanting to write a note, he pulled out the ink well and note paper from under the counter and placed them on top.  He then waited for their response.

@Flip

large.Santee.jpg.94847727987a9a96e3b8bb128a4ef05d.jpglarge.Bannister.jpg.aecdccccee8932cce6740c6edc305d35.jpgSantee took a step forward saying;  "We need ta-" Bannister grabbed him by the shirt front.

"That isn't how it's done, Santee." He released him and looked to Walter Simpson. "You'll excuse my associate, he's not well versed in polite society. We actually would appreciate it if you could go to her suite and let her know this matter is extremely urgent."

A Pinkerton man this far west was of concern to Bannister, as well as Santee. He was unsure if the they were a private agency or still with the federal Government, though i actuality, it really didn't matter. He was one man, for the time being, which could be he was after one person, or a number of people which to him meant they needed to get word to the home ranch and Whitefish in turn.

He looked to Simpson for his reply.

Tag @JulieS

"Oh that's fine about the beer, take your time," Matilda was never one to pressure a customer.

"A few of our local drunks should practice what you preach on the quantity of drinks," she smiled, pleased with his compliment then also, who didn't like to be complimented after all. Yes, he was a smooth one alright.

"And I will look forward to more such visits. If I'm not down here when you come next time, tell Ralph and he'll let me know upstairs. I always try and make time for proper gentlemen, it is a rare breed indeed in these parts," she tossed him a compliment back.

@Chistery

13 hours ago, Flip said:

Santee took a step forward saying;  "We need ta-" Bannister grabbed him by the shirt front.

"That isn't how it's done, Santee." He released him and looked to Walter Simpson. "You'll excuse my associate, he's not well versed in polite society. We actually would appreciate it if you could go to her suite and let her know this matter is extremely urgent."

A Pinkerton man this far west was of concern to Bannister, as well as Santee. He was unsure if the they were a private agency or still with the federal Government, though i actuality, it really didn't matter. He was one man, for the time being, which could be he was after one person, or a number of people which to him meant they needed to get word to the home ranch and Whitefish in turn.

He looked to Simpson for his reply.

Walter flattened his shirt and cleared his throat.  "If you'll just wait here a moment."

Calmly he walked out from behind the counter and instead of heading upstairs, he went straight into the dining room.  This was a situation he didn't want to handle alone.  After finding his boss in the kitchen and appraising him of the situation, he then made his way upstairs.  It was better to be safe than sorry in this type of situation.  If Miss Steelgrave wasn't happy when he relayed the message then knowing that Mr. Wentworth was aware of what was going on would help.

Knocking on the door of her room, he waited for an answer.

Meanwhile, Matt had made his way back into the hotel lobby.  Seeing the two men, he smiled as he went over to them.  "Gentlemen, I do hope there isn't anything wrong.  As you know at the Belle, we value our guests' privacy and don't like to disturb them unnecessarily."

He paused for a moment, before continuing, "I also don't like my employees being roughed up in any way.  May I suggest that you think about this before you ask for any assistance in the future."

@Flip

About Sagas

Sagas of the WIld West is a roleplaying game set in a fictionalized version of the town of Kalispell in Montana territory. Our stories begin in 1875 and are set against the backdrop of actual historical events.Sagas was inspired by the classic television and movie westerns. Our focus is on writing, storytelling and character development.

Connect With Us On

discord_white

If you are already a member of our Discord server, click the image and it will take you directly to Sagas' server on Discord's web app. If you would like to join our server, click the invite link on the left (bottom of sidebar).

Site Credits

Founders: Stormwolfe & Longshot

Sagas' Rating

sagas-rating