Flip

Pink In Town

Mature Content: Add yes, no, or short info if needed (example: Yes, violence).

With: List characters and NPCs in the thread.
When: September 1875
Time of Day:  Evening.

content-divider.png

large.Bannister.jpg.aecdccccee8932cce6740c6edc305d35.jpglarge.Santee.jpg.94847727987a9a96e3b8bb128a4ef05d.jpg1646524572_1leahsteelgrave.jpg.ba1c69f5c72ea4cd13ccf06033a083e1.jpg“Yes?” She asked in a pleasant tone of voice.

Meanwhile, Matt had made his way back into the hotel lobby.  Seeing the two men, he smiled as he went over to them.  "Gentlemen, I do hope there isn't anything wrong.  As you know at the Belle, we value our guests' privacy and don't like to disturb them unnecessarily."

He paused for a moment, before continuing, "I also don't like my employees being roughed up in any way.  May I suggest that you think about this before you ask for any assistance in the future."

Bannister held up a hand to Santee, “Excuse me, but we have roughed up no one. My associate may have spoken gruffly to your man, but we certainly did not lay a hand on him. We are here on Steelgrave business, business with Miss Steelgrave that is urgent. We are following protocol set by Mister Steelgrave himself in asking your man to let her know we are here.”

If, for one second Elias Steelgrave believed they had gone against his wishes, there would be hell to pay. Let alone the wrath of Leah Steelgrave. He had attempted to be as polite as possible, even for a man in the grab of a cowhand. 'But,' he thought, 'we'll just see how this turns out.'

Edited by Flip (see edit history)

Matt nodded, "Very well.  It seems Mr. Simpson may have over-reacted in this case.  He has a very nervous disposition. In light of this misunderstanding, may I offer you a couple of complimentary drinks from our bar?"

What he didn't need what to make any trouble with the Steelgraves and anybody who worked for them.  His mission and his business depended on staying in the good books of the Steelgraves for as long as possible.  Going off half-cocked over a minor incident was not an option.

8 hours ago, Flip said:

“Yes?” She asked in a pleasant tone of voice.

Walter cleared his throat.  "Miss Steelgrave, two of your men wish to speak to you on an urgent matter.  They are waiting down in the lobby for you."

@Flip

1646524572_1leahsteelgrave.jpg.ba1c69f5c72ea4cd13ccf06033a083e1.jpglarge.Bannister.jpg.aecdccccee8932cce6740c6edc305d35.jpglarge.Santee.jpg.94847727987a9a96e3b8bb128a4ef05d.jpgWalter cleared his throat.  "Miss Steelgrave, two of your men wish to speak to you on an urgent matter.  They are waiting down in the lobby for you."

“Of course Mister Simpson, and thank you. I assure you my men would not be troubling you if it weren’t of the utmost importance.” Leah responded. She was dressed for her dinner engagement with Doctor Danforth so going down to the lobby right then was no problem at all. “I’ll follow you down, if you don’t mind.”

Once in the lobby she saw Bannister and Santee, both hat in hand, as they should be, waiting. She walkover to them with a smile, motioning them to an alcove.

“Ma’am, I felt you needed to know that there is a Pinkerton Detective in Kalispell, over at the saloon as we speak.” Bannister stated his case quickly and to the point.

Leah looked to Santee, “Ride for the Evergreen and alert my father, then on to Whitefish and my brother.”

“Yes ‘um.” And out the door he went.

Leah smiled and looked back to Bannister. “You might keep you eye on this fellow.”

“I’ll do that Ma’am.” Was the response and he too left quickly. ‘They are good men.’ She thought.

TBC in Whitefish Thread "Pinkerton-Threat or Not."

Edited by Flip (see edit history)

About Sagas

Sagas of the WIld West is a roleplaying game set in a fictionalized version of the town of Kalispell in Montana territory. Our stories begin in 1875 and are set against the backdrop of actual historical events.Sagas was inspired by the classic television and movie westerns. Our focus is on writing, storytelling and character development.

Connect With Us On

discord_white

If you are already a member of our Discord server, click the image and it will take you directly to Sagas' server on Discord's web app. If you would like to join our server, click the invite link on the left (bottom of sidebar).

Site Credits

Founders: Stormwolfe & Longshot

Sagas' Rating

sagas-rating