Stormwolfe

Welcome to Fort Poison

@Glenn @Longshot

Synopsis

Introducing new character, Maj. Nathan Brittles. If @Glenn agrees!

Harriet Mercer and Quentin Cantrell are in middle of driving 25 head of cattle to Fort Poison (aka Fort Kilpatrick). Within a short distance of the fort, Indians (?) ambush us, run off a majority of the cattle. Harriet, Quentin, 2 hands & wagon driver barely make it to the fort. Maj. Brittles is there or arrives, fight fight, win, head for Kalispell.

Characters Requested

Quentin Cantrell, Harriet Mercer, Nathan Brittles, Fort Poison CO (NPC, probably @Longshot will write him), other NPCs).

Anything Else

Glenn, if you're at all interested in this plot, just reply, give your ideas and / or alternate suggestions. You could also write Nathan's arrival/progress to the incident in an opener since Longshot and I would need time to get H and Q to the fort.

This is just an idea... no one dies if you don't like it. :D . 

@Players  We could probably squeeze in one more character. Maybe someone traveling with Brittle's detachment from Missoula or something?

US cavalry on the western frontier has long been a passion of mine. I've read loads of books about the topic, went to the Little BigHorn to tour that battlefield, listened to lectures on the subject, and I also play a cavalry officer in another western rpg now. So sure, I could play an NPC cavalryman or two.

Just a few notes...

Long ago, Sagas of the Wild West had a fictional fort called Fort Kalispell. It was originally a stockaded French trading fort that was later modified for US military use. At that time, the US Army relocated the civilian town, and Kalispell was created. It was a good plan and backstory, but since no one showed any interest in the fort, it went away when we moved from Nova to a forum roleplay platform.

Since we did not want to have Quentin and Harriet undertaking hundreds of miles of a cattle drive, we created another fictional fort just for this story. This one was set 25 - 30 miles south of Flathead Lake (Kalispell is seven miles north of the lake) next to the town of Poison. This is Fort Kilpatrick but is nicknamed Fort Poison. This is where Quentin and Harriet are heading with the contracted cattle.

To accommodate adding a military presence in Kalispell, we came up with a backstory for Glenn's character, Nathan Brittles. He has been assigned to secure the land and oversee the building of a new fort, which will be designated Fort Lincoln.

Adelaide Chappel (Addy) has joined Brittles and his men as they make the journey from Missoula to Kalispell.

In reality, Indians rarely attacked a fort. The army's firepower would make it a suicide, and they know this. We will make an exception at Fort Poison. Perhaps there is only a small complement left, waiting for the final move to the new fort in Kalispell. The CO of Fort Poison is a bloodthirsty glory hound, so maybe he has committed acts that lead this band of Indians to feel they have no other recourse... motives and facts can come out in the process of writing this story.

Before Brittles' arrival at Poison, a small band of the same Indians will attack the small cattle drive, run off the cattle and chase Quentin, Harriet, and the three others with them into the fort. And this is where some action will take place. Needless to say, there will be some issues with the CO over the loss of the contracted cattle. Never mind the fact that we have hostiles at the front gate!

More to come....

• Liked your post, Pard! 1

Glenn and I are talking about my playing a civilian scout. More when we know it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About Sagas

Sagas of the WIld West is a roleplaying game set in a fictionalized version of the town of Kalispell in Montana territory. Our stories begin in 1875 and are set against the backdrop of actual historical events.Sagas was inspired by the classic television and movie westerns. Our focus is on writing, storytelling and character development.

Connect With Us On

discord_white

If you are already a member of our Discord server, click the image and it will take you directly to Sagas' server on Discord's web app. If you would like to join our server, click the invite link on the left (bottom of sidebar).

Site Credits

Founders: Stormwolfe & Longshot

Sagas' Rating

sagas-rating