• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recently Used Characters

• Thankfully he received the cup of coffee. A warm cozy feeling spread in the small place. Jay didn't need presents. His present was the company he was in. Weedy wanted more. He was excited about getting a present.   "I'm very happy to be here in such excellent company. Merry Christmas."   Jay took one of the small baked goodies. With a large smile he chewed. "Did Santa come last night?" Hopefully Addy had taken care of that.
    • Addy's nose wrinkled up -- she hated change, but she knew he was right -- then she nodded.  "Yer right.  I got change given ta me, an' I'm grateful ta be able ta help th' boy, an' ta do that, we'd need a proper home."   Didn't need to be big, just two bedrooms, besides the kitchen and common room.  "He'd be thrilled, I think, ta have his own place.  Might be th' first time he's had somethin' like that, I don't allow as he ever had a proper house with his Ma."  Yeah, she could get more comfortable with the idea looking at it from that angle, and honestly, it might be nice to have more than one room, and room to move around.  "I'd appreciate yer help on that.  Thank ya, Speed, this ain't been easy."   @Flip
    • "There you have it!" Emeline declared with a laugh, "Bridget will help with the cooking, and Barnabas can try our efforts to make certain that they are as good as they should be."  Then she added with a playful grin, "And Mr. Pike can do the dishes as well, he's quite the expert at that!"   She laughed again and gave Barnabas a quick kiss on the cheek.  "Or you can just make certain that we behave ourselves and don't burn down the kitchen!"   Then she patted Bridget on the arm.  "Don't worry one bit, we will have fun, we won't do any harm, and we can make whatever you like...well, so long as I know the recipe!"   @Javia; @Flip
    • Leah & Jonah   “It is a great opportunity to tell the ladies what the plans are, how it will affect the town, and that it was not conceived, nor was it arranged by anyone on the Town Council, which is what I believe their plan to be.” She paused s if to catch her breath. “I’m sorry, I am just ready to fight them for what they owe the town, and that has nothing to do with who arranged what or when.”   "All the more reason to get to the ladies early," Jonah commented, "so they know where the ideas are coming from, and are in the groundwork, so they feel like they have a stake in things."    But this was a party, a time to have a good time and set that sort of thing aside.  "Tell me, just how modern is Helena?  In comparison to, say, St. Louis?  I wouldn't mind getting away for a day or two, maybe see a play or an opera."   As much as Kallispell suited his needs, he was craving a little civilization!   @Flip
    • Brendan, Arabella (and Charlie and Clara)   "Yes, I am, very much so!"   Clara and the other man were off away from them again. Brendan grinned at Clara's flustered reply to him and at Arabella's mock indignation.   “Whoa Cowboy! You’re meant to be smiling at me not … in again, in, in, in, out, out, out … not a-grinnin at the opposition!! Two more o’ these, then the jig!”   "Sorry," he said as they moved through the motions of the dance, "but she ain't the opposition, really. Here..." He smiled down at her. "There...happy now? Ooop..."    They moved into the jig and he almost started going the wrong way, but stopped in time because he was watching Arabella's eyes. He could tell a lot about an animal from its eyes, but when it came to people's eyes he couldn't tell much except which direction the person was looking in. During a dance, that was quite helpful.   The dance was not as scary as Arabella had made it out to be, and now that he had gotten the hang of it, he didn't really want it to be over - even though he would be out of breath and ready for a rest by the time the musicians stopped. He needed to make a visit to the beer tent soon.   He glanced over at Clara and her partner again and met the eyes of the man she was dancing with - just for a second before both couples turned and he was looking back at Arabella. Why was the man watching him? It wasn't as if he had insulted Clara or anything.   @Javia @Wayfarer @JulieS    
Emeline Blakesley

The Cure for Cabin Fever

Mature Content: Nope

With: Barnabas Pike
When: April /1875
Time of Day: Morning

content-divider.png

There had been a few nice days this Spring, but it had only been in the past week that the weather had been consistently warm in the afternoons, so that the snow was finally starting to melt, making the roads more readily passable.

To say that she was getting stir-crazy was an understatement...Emeline had plenty to occupy her time, what with running the cafe and making her wedding dress, along with other preparations for the wedding, but she needed to get away, just for a day.  Oh, sure, there had been some short rides, and Emeline loved the time with Noel, and, of course, Barnabas, but she needed more, and so she had decided to close the diner for a day and take a ride out to the property that would eventually be the Pike ranch.  She knew there had been some work started, but wasn't sure what, or how much, and she was anxious to see it.

One advantage or the relative confinement of Winter had been the chance for her to sew an outfit more suitable for riding than Andrew's old clothes, and she was wearing the brown wool split-skirt now, along with a simple muslin shirt and a bulky duck coat against the morning chill.  Her hair was back in a braid and covered by a floppy felt hat.

She had asked Barnabas to meet her at the livery, and had gone down early to get Noel groomed and ready, something she wanted to do for herself.  As she worked, she talked to the mare, nonsense mostly, but she knew the horse was listening.

"And so we'll have a nice big pasture for you, no more small paddock, and there will be plenty of friends for you, and I'll see you every day..."

The livery man was looking at her a bit oddly, but she didn't care!

@Flip

Pronto stepped down and tossed the reins over the hitch rail in front of the Livery, then walk leisurely into the livery itself, and there she was. He stood for a moment watching her with the animal, listening to he talk to it.

"And so we'll have a nice big pasture for you, no more small paddock, and there will be plenty of friends for you, and I'll see you every day..."

"Well, gettin' her all purdied to slosh through the mud out there." He said with a grin. "Might oughtta saddle up if we're to get out there afore noon." There was no rush and he knew it. His property was almost five miles out and up, but he wanted them to spend as much time there as they could.

There has been some work started on the foundation using a method he had seen in Virginia City called 'rubble foundation.' Though it was most likely not new anywhere else, he'd just not seen it before.

Tag @Bongo

Edited by Flip (see edit history)

"Oh, well, a lady likes to look good, regardless of where she is going," Emeline replied without looking at him as she combed out the last of the tangles in the mare's tail, "and Noel is so dainty, she will dance right around that mud!" 

Laughing, she turned and trotted over to Barnabas, hugging him around the neck and planting a kiss on his lips, then went over to grab her saddle and blanket.

"I packed us a lunch, and some treats for the horses," she commented as the cinch was tightened.  The mare was well-trained and took the bit without protest, and in no time the ladies were ready for their ride.

"It's such a beautiful day for a ride," Emeline declared with a smile, "at least once it warms up."  But that wouldn't be long, with the way the sun was shining brightly above them.  "We might just be in the mood for a race, too."

Grinning, she swung into the saddle, giving Barnabas a nod.  Racing, though, would have to wait until they were out of town.

@Flip

"Oh, well, a lady likes to look good, regardless of where she is going," Emeline replied without looking at him as she combed out the last of the tangles in the mare's tail, "and Noel is so dainty, she will dance right around that mud!"

“Reckon so, but just the same, best we get a move on.” He said.

Laughing, she turned and trotted over to Barnabas, hugging him around the neck and planting a kiss on his lips, then went over to grab her saddle and blanket.

"I packed us a lunch, and some treats for the horses," she commented as the cinch was tightened.  The mare was well-trained and took the bit without protest, and in no time the ladies were ready for their ride.

“That’ll be good.” He agreed. He was anxious to really get started, Speed had been really good about his working on the house, even though he had hired four carpenters to speed up the process. He wouldn’t be able to be there everyday, or all day on the days he could get there

"It's such a beautiful day for a ride," Emeline declared with a smile, "at least once it warms up."  But that wouldn't be long, with the way the sun was shining brightly above them.  "We might just be in the mood for a race, too."

“Don’t know as the ground’s any too packed yet. Might not be the best of conditions to be running horses.” He observed. “But you decide when we’re away from town.

Grinning, she swung into the saddle, giving Barnabas a nod.  Racing, though, would have to wait until they were out of town.

Speed walked out beside her to get his horse. He stepped aboard and wheeled his mount in line with hers. “Alright then, here we go, Em! On to our ranch!” It would be the first of many such trips out to the property as the house rose out of the rock.

Tag @Bongo

"Our ranch!"  Emeline couldn't help but smile widely at that thought.  Andrew had had grand plans, and she was certain they would have seen them through, had that been possible, and even though she had been able to start her own business, this was something far beyond anything she could have hoped for.

Noel was anxious to go, and as soon as Emeline settled in the saddle, the little mare was prancing alongside Barnabas' horse, her tail high as she nickered.  Laughing, Emeline jiggled the reins, then smacked the horse lightly on the neck.  "That's enough of that," she chided, and the horse quieted.

"So the roads are still pretty bad?" she asked.  It had been a while since she'd had a chance to get out.  "As much as I like the snow, it's time for sun and Spring wildflowers. Oh, and the falls will be magnificent with the runoff!"  If it was possible, her smile widened.  "This is so like a dream!  And we aren't even married yet..."   How much better would it be after that?

@Flip

"So the roads are still pretty bad?" she asked.  It had been a while since she'd had a chance to get out.  "As much as I like the snow, it's time for sun and Spring wildflowers. Oh, and the falls will be magnificent with the runoff!"  If it was possible, her smile widened.  "This is so like a dream!  And we aren't even married yet..."   How much better would it be after that?

“Like you say, lotsa run off, lotsa mud. Not the best footing for the horses but we’ll get up there. Grounds been chewed up by runnin’ up there an’ laying the foundation, delivering lumber an all.” He explained as they passed the end of the main street.

The road would be fairly well traveled, not like it would have if there was still a Whitefish. It would be less traveled the farther out they got, but wagons leave ruts, and he’d had two out there already. “Guess you’ll jest have ta wait on the wild flowers, though some can be seen pokin’ outta the snow.

Tag @Bongo

"I can wait for the flowers, it will give me something to look forward to."  It would actually be fun to watch the progression of colors and textures as nature did her thing.  "Everything is happening so fast now...the dance, the wedding, the house, it all seemed so far off."  She laughed and shook her head.  "And in an instant it will all be over, and there will be new goals."

She glanced at Barnabas as they rode side by side.  "I'm thinking about asking Clare to manage the cafe for me.  She's very meticulous and responsible, and I can come into town a few times a week.  In the mean time, I can teach her about running it."  This was his concern, too, since he'd be her husband.

@Flip

"I can wait for the flowers, it will give me something to look forward to."  It would actually be fun to watch the progression of colors and textures as nature did her thing.  "Everything is happening so fast now...the dance, the wedding, the house, it all seemed so far off."  She laughed and shook her head.  "And in an instant it will all be over, and there will be new goals."

“Now the house, she’ll take a bit to get done, but I ‘spose the weddin’ an’ the dance’ll go by purdy quick an’ there’ll be them new goals.” He agreed. “What did seem so far off is right in front of us now. The leavings of winter are dryin’ up, and them flowers you’re hankerin’ for are about to bloom. Seasons pass, it’s what they do."

She glanced at Barnabas as they rode side by side.  "I'm thinking about asking Clare to manage the cafe for me.  She's very meticulous and responsible, and I can come into town a few times a week.  In the mean time, I can teach her about running it."  This was his concern, too, since he'd be her husband.

“I reckon you’d be the best judge of who’d be the one to run the place for us, since you’re includin’ me in this. If you want ta continue at the cafe, that’s fine. I’ll be in town most days when I ain’t here, with Guyer. If the ranch is where you want to be, that’s fine too.” He offered. “No need ta rush inta things today. Plannin’, sure. There’s plenty of time before decisions need to be made.”

Tag @Bongo

Emeline nodded, grateful that he wasn't pushing her nor questioning her.  She knew that if she asked directly he'd give her advice, but in the meantime, it was good that she could just talk things through. 

"You're right, there's plenty of time before I'll need to be spending most of my time on the ranch, it will give me a chance to teach Clare more about managing the cafe, and there's always the option to sell."  She wondered if Clare might want to live in town, above the cafe, or even if her father would allow it.  But again, there was time.

"It'll be different, managing a ranch, but I'm really looking forward to it."  Still, though, far in the future and gradual in coming.  "And," she added softly, "you are right, it will be good to leave Winter behind."

@Flip

"You're right, there's plenty of time before I'll need to be spending most of my time on the ranch, it will give me a chance to teach Clare more about managing the cafe, and there's always the option to sell."  She wondered if Clare might want to live in town, above the cafe, or even if her father would allow it.  But again, there was time.

“Always options, always.” He began. “Now me? No need to consider sellin’ the Café, none at all, it becomes whot they call an asset. If ya don’t own the buildin’ then we’ll see about buyin’ it. It becomes cash comin’ in, and property owned. Sure we got the ranch, but it ain’t up nor stocked yet. Options, love.”

"It'll be different, managing a ranch, but I'm really looking forward to it."  Still, though, far in the future and gradual in coming.  "And," she added softly, "you are right, it will be good to leave Winter behind."

“Probably not so much as you’d think. Actually, there’ll be a foreman running the stock an such, me overseenin’ things in general, and you mindin’ them horses and yer garden.” He grinned from under his hat, “Things’ll change, that’s fer sure, but the way I see it, fer the better, an’ we’ll always have them options that are out there.”

His words were reassuring, and Emeline was feeling more confident now that they'd work things out.  "I still owe a few hundred on the building," she explained, "but so far I haven't had a problem making the payments, business is good enough that it covers all the expenses, with a bit to live on, and I have a small savings."

She was grateful and proud that the cafe was supporting itself, she'd put in a lot of hard work to get it where it was.  "It's a separate business, of course," she commented, "I don't want to use other funds for it, if it can't survive on its own, we'll need to sell it."

It would be hard, but there was no sense throwing good money after bad, but then, she didn't think it would come to that.

@Flip

His words were reassuring, and Emeline was feeling more confident now that they'd work things out.  "I still owe a few hundred on the building," she explained, "but so far I haven't had a problem making the payments, business is good enough that it covers all the expenses, with a bit to live on, and I have a small savings."

“Well then, no reason to consider sellin’.” He advised. “Pay off the place, then, well then you can make up your mind when the time comes, if the time comes.”

She was grateful and proud that the cafe was supporting itself, she'd put in a lot of hard work to get it where it was.  "It's a separate business, of course," she commented, "I don't want to use other funds for it, if it can't survive on its own, we'll need to sell it."

“That would make sense, but if you own the building, why not rent ‘er out. I mean, I don’t see the café failin’, but if she did then that spot it’s on could be rented out at a steady profit. Now I ain’t no expert, but I learned a good deal in Nevada, and property is one thing you hang onto.” He smiled as he spoke. “No sense gettin’ all wound up about what might happen with the place, just let things take their course an’ do what’s called for.”

It would be hard, but there was no sense throwing good money after bad, but then, she didn't think it would come to that.

Tag @Bongo

"I hadn't thought about renting...that's a good idea, if it comes to that."  She really hoped she could manage to work out keeping the cafe, but that depended on a number of things, especially if and when they had children...that could very well change everything.

"Children will change that, I think...I know.  I'll want to be with them, and I can't do that in town."  And she certainly wasn't going to drag them to town with her.  "I know that is a way off, too, but children will be my priority, of course."  She smiled widely, loving the thought of having children again, and confident that their children  would thrive and be happy.

@Flip

"I hadn't thought about renting...that's a good idea, if it comes to that."  She really hoped she could manage to work out keeping the cafe, but that depended on a number of things, especially if and when they had children...that could very well change everything.

“More’n one way ta skin a cat.” He said as they rode along. “My pa always said, property is always a safe bet, even though all he had was the ranch he pointed to the men in town that owned buildings an’ such.” He smiled. He’d never had property of his own until now, but their spread might just be the begining with the building in town.

"Children will change that, I think...I know.  I'll want to be with them, and I can't do that in town."  And she certainly wasn't going to drag them to town with her.  "I know that is a way off, too, but children will be my priority, of course."  She smiled widely, loving the thought of having children again, and confident that their children  would thrive and be happy.

“Young’uns, they will change things, that’s for sure. They need tending to and that’ll shorely take you out of the café, but, we can still own the business and the building with the right person runnin’ it. Folks need to eat, an’ them what don’t cook fer themselves and cain’t afford the other choices in town will come to the café, sure as the sun rises."

"The problem with that is that no one else can cook as good as I."  Emeline delivered the declaration with a straight face, but then she laughed.  "You're right, I'll keep the place and let someone else run it, and then when the eldest turns twelve, they can move to town and take over, learn how to make something of themselves!"

So many variables, and while Emeline knew the answers would come in time, she was anxious for things to fall into place.  First the wedding.

"What ideas do you have for the wedding?" she asked him.  They'd discussed it some, but he'd left the planning to her, and in all honesty, she'd be content with a Justice of the Peace and a picnic reception!  But then, she'd been married before, not that that had been a big affair.  "Do you know a young lady named Arabella?"  Best to warn him about that, and she couldn't imagine that anyone in town didn't know that little whirlwind!

@Flip

Posted (edited)

“Okay, so you are for sure the best cook in town, I’ll take my oath on that.” Pronto agreed, even if he’d been biased since the first day in the place. “The eldest? Now what if the eldest ain’t no girl, or no had to cookin’, then what?” He chided, glad she wanted to keep the place, and have more than one child, but then most did.

So many variables, and while Emeline knew the answers would come in time, she was anxious for things to fall into place.  First the wedding.

"What ideas do you have for the wedding?" she asked him.  They'd discussed it some, but he'd left the planning to her, and in all honesty, she'd be content with a Justice of the Peace and a picnic reception!  But then, she'd been married before, not that that had been a big affair.  "Do you know a young lady named Arabella?"  Best to warn him about that, and she couldn't imagine that anyone in town didn't know that little whirlwind!

“Ideas? We’ll get hitched, ‘spose there’ll be a reception of some sort, then we’ll traipse off on a honeymoon affair.” He responded, then smiled. “Now we can do ‘er up big, ‘er not, up to you, it’s yer day, well, our day, but I been told the weddin’s the brides day.” His mouth kind of went to one side, brow furrowed. “Arrabella? Who’s that? Somebody for the weddin’?”  

Tag @Bongo

Edited by Flip (see edit history)

"I don't think we need anything elaborate, just a simple ceremony and we can have everyone over to the cafe after?"  Her first marriage had been simple, and she had been more than happy just to have close friends there.  "No sense in spending a lot on a wedding when there are better ways to put money to use."

She glanced at him, smiling.  "Miss Arabella is a very...zealous young lady, the child is a Whitefish survivor, very helpful and very opinionated, and she has decided that she needs to sing at the wedding."  She shook her head with a laugh. "I suppose there's no reason to deny her her excitement.  But good heavens!  I pray none of our children have that sort of energy."

At least the girl seemed happy, and wanted to help, although Emeline never would have thought that there could be such a thing as wanting to help too much! 

Then she had a sudden idea.  "Perhaps we can have the ceremony out by the falls?  On our property?  Oh, I know there won't be any buildings yet, but if the weather is temperate, we wouldn't need cover, or we could put up a tent."  It would make a beautiful setting, and a good start to their life together.

@Flip

“Woulda been a good idea if there weren’t buildin’ supplies everywhere, but, you’ll see when we get there. Purdy as the place will be, it’s not actually set up for a gatherin’ of folks. Not without the hired men don’ have to move everything.” He said, not that he was unwilling to have them do just that if that was what she wanted.

“Money ain’t the concern, likely won’t ever be as long as the mines are producing.” He assured her. “Have some extree comin’ in from being a depity to Speed. Things are lookin’ up.”

“Now this, what’s ‘er name, Annabell, if you’re okay with it, I don’t mind none.” Most of the wedding plans were hers to make anyway, so if she wanted to let the girl sing that was alright with him.  “Up we go, trail’s a mite easier since the wagons been up an’ down a couple times. Have to maybe make it a bit wider, but that can wait. There’ll be more wagon loads as time passes.” They began what was actually an easy climb to their hill-top property.

Tag @Bongo

"I don't think we need anything elaborate, just a simple ceremony and we can have everyone over to the cafe after?"  Her first marriage had been simple, and she had been more than happy just to have close friends there.  "No sense in spending a lot on a wedding when there are better ways to put money to use."

“Simple’s good, I have no problem with the weddin’ bein’ big er small. It the words what are spoke that matters.” Came the reply. The wedding , as he had been told, was about the bride, so that meant whatever the bride wanted, that was how it was to be. “Lotta extra work movin’ the supplies around though.”

She glanced at him, smiling.  "Miss Arabella is a very...zealous young lady, the child is a Whitefish survivor, very helpful and very opinionated, and she has decided that she needs to sing at the wedding."  She shook her head with a laugh. "I suppose there's no reason to deny her her excitement.  But good heavens!  I pray none of our children have that sort of energy."

“Can she sing? I mean if so sure, why not. Might add a bit to the whole thing.” He acknowledged. Of course to him zealous could mean a number of things, and that may or may not be good.

At least the girl seemed happy, and wanted to help, although Emeline never would have thought that there could be such a thing as wanting to help too much!

They were at the foot of the hill, their property and it was clear that heavy wagon ruts marked the trail up to where the foundation was being laid. “Well,” he began as he pulled up, “You’re about to get a look at what’s been goin’ on so far.” He grinned. “Up we go!

Tag @Bongo

Emeline stopped on the road, looking up the hill for a moment, then she glanced at Barnabas.  "We'll need an entry of some sort...an arch, maybe, with the name in twigs, and roses at the sides..."  Once they were settled and had that luxury, she'd love to see that through, it would be a grand way to welcome visitors.

Glancing at Barnabas, she smiled widely, then nodded and urged Noel forward up the road, her heart racing with anticipation.  "I forgot how beautiful it is here."

The track was a wide, swinging curve through the trees, and when it finally opened up to the home-site, she stopped, taking it all in.  There wasn't much yet, but the foundations were enough to give her a picture.

"Oh, Barnabas, it's going to be amazing!  I can't wait!"  It would be simple at first, she knew that, but in a few years, with the house, barn, fences, bunkhouse...children running around, this was going to be the best place on Earth!

"So, how much longer do you think it will be before the house is ready?"

@Flip

"We're a ways from puttin' up an entry, but it's surely somethin' to think on while the rest of the place is built. Well, the house anyway." Pronto observed.  "I figger with the men I hired to help, should be ready by June at the latest, maybe sooner."

They continued up the trail cut by the wagons which was the easiest climb. And suddenly the came out of the trees and there were the piles of lumber and the beginnings of the foundation were. He reigned in and stepped down, going to Emily's horse to offer a hand.

"See, most places have this here rubble foundation, 'er sit flat on the ground." He began as they walked over to where the foundation had been started. "Rubble is jest rocks piled up, lots'a work, but, we added motar to stick 'em together. That's more work, but, the foundation's a mite stronger. So we're sacraficin' time fer strength."

Tag @Bongo

"It'll have to be strong," Emeline declared with a grin, still clutching his hand after he had helped her down from the horse, "to hold all the children that are going to be running around!" 

Smiling, she let go of his hand to move forward and step into the framework.  For a moment, she just stood with her eyes closed and her arms crossed over her chest, breathing deeply.  Then she looked at Barnabas, quickly wiping away tears that had started to trickle down her cheeks.

"It's amazing...it's perfect," she murmured, "like a dream."  There had been a time when she'd given up on dreams and was content with what was, but now, there was a future...

@Flip

He smiled at the statement because of the children the floor would have to be strong, probably true. He watched as she stepped across the framework of the unfinished foundation, the way she crossed her arms, closed her eyes as if she was seeing the house completed, then he saw her tears which put a lump in his throat.

"It's amazing...it's perfect," she murmured, "like a dream."

"Ain't no dream Em, it's our house, just ain't done yet. Will be, but not for a bit." He said. "So," he began to change the subject, "this here dance they're plannin', well, you too, I 'spose we're goin'?"

Tag @Bongo

"Of course we're going to the dance."  She stepped up to him and took his hand, then started to move in a slow waltz.  "I'm making some of the refreshments, but once those are set up, I'll be free for the evening, so we can dance to our hearts' content." 

As they moved to the silence of the mountain, she looked up at Barnabas with a sort of goofy grin, then stopped.  "You don't have to work, do you?  Even if you do, we can sneak in a dance, right?"  Of course, as law, he was always ready to act, but there was a chance he might be on patrol and have to wander the town, in which case, she'd join him if he'd let her.

@Flip

“Well you hadn’t said anything so I was just wondering. Meant to ask earlier, but I plumb forgot. Other things been on my mind.” Barnabas siad. “I’ll be wearin’ my badge, an’ if there’s any trouble, well Speed an’ me are bound to have to break it up. Might have ta haul ‘em off to the hoosgow, so I ‘spose yeah, I’ll be workin’ ifin’ there’s work to be done. But we’ll still have us a time.”

Dancing and such wasn’t his strong suit though he liked to try. Some of the affairs in Texas tended to go on for days, though he doubted this one would be anything like those shindigs. He actually was looking forward to this one. It had been sometime since he’d been to a dance. In Virginia City it had all been very formal, especially after Piper built his opera house. This would be less formal and far more fun.

Tag @Bongo