Sagas of the Wild West
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts

Wyatt Has a Caller

Oh, well, that brought up images that Weedy didn't need!  "But...what what would cowboys need with a dress?  I understand a gun, but...were they going to dress up?"

He laughed at the thought, then couldn't resist asking, "So, was she all...naked when she came home?  Did you get the gun back?"  He looked out over the water, then back to Wyatt.  "I think it's your lake, who are they to say it isn't?"  After all, how would those other ranches even know if Wyatt wanted to call it his lake, so long as he didn't go around telling them they couldn't use it?

@Wayfarer

"But...what what would cowboys need with a dress?  I understand a gun, but...were they going to dress up?" poor Weedy, it seemed he didn't get it.

"No, it wasn't just her dress, it was all her clothes, she was naked. And they did it cuz they wanted to see ..." Wyatt paused then, he could have said 'breasts'  which would be the more proper tame choice but he was a twelve year old boy who, like most boys his ages, delighted in saying 'bad' words to impress other boys of course.

"Her tits. Though if you ask me, they'd have been disappointed, I've seen 'em," Wyatt shrugged. While it might not be long in coming, thus far the boy was not yet interested in girls.

"So, was she all...naked when she came home?  Did you get the gun back?" 

More questions, all fair ones so Wyatt answered quickly, "No, by the time I saw her Deputy Hannah had found her and gave her some things to cover herself. It took us a awhile to get the Colt back but right after the big fight in the beer tent, the sheriff made them hand it back over or get thrown in jail. I got to watch the whole fight too. It was really exciting."

Weedy  looked out over the water, then back to Wyatt.  "I think it's your lake, who are they to say it isn't?" 

"True so let's just say it's mine then, although I give you permission to use any time you want," Wyatt now declared.

"So, you ready? Let's take our clothes off then. Less you wanna walk around in wet clothes the rest of the day," he pointed out.  Oh and just in case the boy was nervous given the story he'd just told...

"Oh and don't worry about anybody coming up and stealing our clothes, no one wants to see our tits," he grinned as he sat down and started to pull his shoes off.

westrpgson2.jpg

"I don't know why anyone'd want to see titties anyway," Weedy observed, using the term that Addy did, on the rare occasions that such things came up.  "And it's not very nice to do that to a nice girl like Clara."  She might be a girl, and might be bossy, but she was proper and good, and no one should treat her like that.  "I know I'm never going to steal a girl's clothes, that's certain!"

He started to peel out of his clothes, unabashed, after all, they were both boys, and Wyatt was right, who would care?  "Nope, don't want to be in wet clothes, and Miz Addy only sent a spare shirt." 

Once naked, he looked out at the water, than at Wyatt.  "So, what first?  Does it get deep fast?"  He knew that some lakes gradually got deeper while some just dropped off a few feet in, and you ended up over your head.  He hoped this was the gradual sort!

@Wayfarer

"Well some women have big ones," Wyatt declared, which he guessed was something men cared about. Currently he didn't see what all the fuss was about.  No matter, they were here at the lake to have fun...oh yeah and teach Weedy how to swim.

Both boys stripped down to their birthday suits, tossing clothing into piles. Weedy looked nervous about this whole swimming matter.

"So, what first?  Does it get deep fast?"   

"Nah, you walk a little ways out, well there is one deep hole but that is further out. Just go in right behind him and we will walk you in til you get up to your....chest. Then we'll start you learning to float. I remember how Pa taught me," Wyatt explained as he placed first one bare foot then the other into the water. It was cool but not bad.

@Bongo

"Sure, all right."  Weedy put on a brave place, figuring that Wyatt was about his size, so as long as his friend was above water, it was safe. 

As he stepped in, he shivered a little, but that was more his nerves than the temperature of the water.  It didn't take long for his body to acclimate, and he boldly followed his friend.  "I guess knowing how to float is good, huh?"  Then he laughed.  "Well, you know, dead things float, and they don't have to practice!"

@Wayfarer

"Well, ain't gonna show you how dead things stay afloat," Wyatt assured him.

He then spent the next few minutes explaining what he wanted Weedy to do then when it seemed the other boy understood, declared, "Now, lemme show ya. Watch me do it."

Wyatt then calmly proceeded to demonstrate exactly what he had explained. It only remained to find out whether Weedy could do the same. If not Wyatt was prepared to help him out.

So, just lay back and relax, Weedy figured he could do that!  And after Wyatt showed him how to do it, it seemed really easy!

He took a big breath, then mimicked his friend, although on the first try he floundered and went under, but that initial panic vanished pretty quickly when he found that (duh) he could still just stand up!

"It's okay, I got it!"  And on his second try, he did, just laying back in the water, closing his eyes and floating for a few seconds before jumping back to his feet.

"I did it!  That was fun!  But you can't go anywhere."  Like, floating was just...floating, but if they wanted to get across the pond or something, they'd have to hope the water just took them.

@Wayfarer

ooc: pssst, it's a lake not a pond. 😄

Weedy went under first time but that was pretty much expected, turned out Wyatt didn't even need to help him back to the surface. But the other boy wasn't gun shy then about it and tried again. This time he floated drawing a quick  "There ya go!" from Wyatt.

"I did it!  That was fun!  But you can't go anywhere," Weedy pointed out  a quite reasonable drawback.

"That was just the first step. Next I learned to dog paddle so that's what I'm gonna teach you. You use both your arms and legs. It's lots of work but it gets you from one place to the other. Then once you can do that, I can show you another way to do it," Wyatt explained.

"This time yer gonna stand up and when you go down now it will be on yer stomach and then you are gonna start paddling away....here....just watch me do it."

Wyatt then demonstrated it, kicking with his legs and stroking with both arms. Kind of splashy this form of swimming but it got the job done. He made a quick circle around Wyatt before standing up once more in front of the boy.

"It'll be hard at first but if you keep at it, you will be able to get the hang of it. I did....why even Clara did and she's just a girl."

To Wyatt's way of thinking anything a girl could do, a boy could do much better! 

westrpgson2.jpg

It was funny, watching his friend splash around, but then, Wyatt was actually getting somewhere, and Weedy supposed if he was able to watch a dog swim, it just might look something like that! 

But, just like floating on his back, the first time Weedy tried, he ended up flailing his arms as he sank in the water, having to push up and stand, sputtering.  "Woof," he muttered miserably, but then he laughed and tried again.  This time it was better, and he managed to make it several feet before he had to stop again to catch his breath.

"Hey, that's fun!  And you're a pretty good teacher!"  Not that he'd ever admit that to anyone else!

@Wayfarer

Wyatt had to laugh when the other boy did his dog bark but then splashed him for it. Weedy's second try worked out better, a bit longer, pretty much as Wyatt had predicted. It was like almost anything, practice made one better.

"Hey, that's fun!  And you're a pretty good teacher!"

"Don't know about that. Sure ain't what I aim to be in my future. Teachin' is for wimmen," Wyatt pronounced then swung wildly at some little insect flitting about his head.

Both boys now made a few more efforts until Weedy seemed quite comfortable with the process. It was a good start, Wyatt felt.

"Hey, I know! You wanna check out a mystery? Last time Clara and her ....fella were here swimmin', they found this old chest at the bottom of the lake or so she said. They hauled it up on shore but then they never got around to tryin' ta open it. Not sure why? Guess they were busy with somethin' else."

westrpgson2.jpg

• JulieS locked this topic