• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recently Used Characters

• "Yes, water. You are buying my land so you can control the water when the railroad shows up. I know you think I'm stupid...think what you will, I am not," he replied then.   Crabbe held up his hands.   “Hey, I never said you were stupid, friend!” he said quickly, like he thought Robert was going to thump him. “I never said friend Bob here was stupid, did I Charlie?”   Charlie shook his head. “No, you just say he illiterate and ignorant, that all.” Said the Chinaman, unhelpfully.   "So how much you offering me?" actually Robert thought the man a bit foolish to reveal this because it seemed he could now ask for a much higher price than he would have just a minute earlier.   “I’m offering the man who owns this land…” because that was the rub, wasn’t it? Who legally owned this muddy patch of Montana. “… $300 down for a 25% share, Charlie there and our lawyer friend the same, so that’s $900 clear for you, with an option to join in any mining and/or water supply developments on consideration of payment of a directly correlating percentage of any development costs. Costs of reclaiming the claim in your name to be undertaken solely by the three new partners. Now… you must admit, that’s a pretty good deal considering, at the moment, you technically own jack shit of a non-paying claim.”   Charle Fa shook his head: Crabbe was making this sound too complicated for the young Irishman, and the boy was starting to look irritated.   “He mean, we get you land back, we give nine hundred dollar, we all invest in mining or water supply, make lot of money, all happy!” he explained to Robert.   @Wayfarer
    • "Well, now Dutton Peabody ain't no judge. Damn fine lawyer, 'scuse me, fergot myself there. But there's ol' Ben Robinson, he's a judge, but I' m thinkin' the pastor'll do, er priest, 'er whatever he likes ta be called. We'll be good." Barnabas commented with confidence, "An' the buggy, not even anythin' ta be worryin' about. Ever'thing's gonna be perfect."   "Best we start thinkin' about headin' back. Not that Speed cain't hold his own, but I like to check in time ta time, jest in case." The he laughed, thouuh he was serious. There was never any telling of what might happen at any given time. Mostly nothing. "Before you start ta thinkin' we could move in taday." @Bongo
    • "Guess if we don't go in they'll get suspicious, and we don't want anyone coming out to see what we're doing."  It was pretty obvious Weedy was not willing to share, Wyatt noted. In all fairness, his sister and that boy of hers found the chest. At times Wyatt could be pretty defensive about his sister, they were family after all.   The boys raced into the farm cabin but Clara never even let them get to the kitchen table.   "Ahhh, ahh ahh! You two wash your hands first. Wyatt you know better," she chided.   As the pair turned back then to go to the well to the side of the building, she loudly added.   "And Wyatt!  Will you kindly put your shirt back on, you are not some Indian savage!"   Wyatt rolled his eyes and glanced at Weedy, "Girls."
    • Suddenly the Reverend was speaking. he had been locked into the eyes of his bride to be, feeling the love that was between them. Their fingers intertwined, their eyes shining, and even he had a mist in his eyes. It was happening right then, at that moment, the words were being said, what they were for a moment, he did not know, but then, he understood.   "... in the presence of God and these people, to declare your intention to enter into matrimony, through the grace of Jesus Christ, who calls you into union with himself as acknowledged in your baptism. Will you give yourselves to each other, to live together in holy marriage? Will you love, honor, comfort, and keep each other, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful, as long as you both shall live?"   He heard her say "I will," and he smiled. There were a thousand other agreements pushing through his brain when he heard himself say, "I will." Like there had been a better one? Not hardly. Both had tightened their grip on one another slightly as they made their intentions know. A thought passed through his mind, 'might not be long enough.' @boshmi@Bongo@Wayfarer@Javia  
    • Now that the man explained it that way, Robert could get past in his mind this was not about any gold but water. Water rights. He slowly nodded but the man wanted him to say it aloud it seemed.   "Yes, water. You are buying my land so you can control the water when the railroad shows up. I know you think I'm stupid...think what you will, I am not," he replied then.   "So how much you offering me?" actually Robert thought the man a bit foolish to reveal this because it seemed he could now ask for a much higher price than he would have just a minute earlier.
José Reyes

Trespassing, and Other Such Deplorable Crimes

Mature Content: Potentially harsh language

With: José Reyes, Elias Steelgrave, Possibly others of the Steelgrave brood(?)
When: Early March, 1876
Time of Day: Dusk

content-divider.png

The sun was sinking low in the sky, painting the blues in those first few tinges of pink, when José found himself in the shade of trees at the outskirts of Evergreen ranch. The air had grown cool, and he pulled his poncho close around his frame, it's wool his primary line of defense against the encroaching night chill.

He'd been on the trail for most of the day, pausing only to bag a hare, which now hung from the edge of his saddle, ready to be cooked when he stopped for the night. Coming out of the mountains and into more settled land meant that there was a severe drop-off in the quantity of big game, and though José could hardly eat an entire elk on his own, it had been good to bag the odd bighorn or deer, at least while he was holed up in the Rockies.

Soon enough though, he hoped to find a town where he might get a proper meal. Mexico was several hundred miles behind him, and by now it would assuredly be safe to show his face in civilization once more.

The forest though which he ambled was coming away as he traveled, and even from horseback he could see places where foliage had been cleared for the sake of farm animals. No doubt this indicated rural land, maybe a farmstead of sorts? With any luck, the owners could point him in the way of town.

"Ándale, chica." he told his mount, giving her a little kick to move her up into a trot. It'd be a hell of a time trying to find his way in the dark.

Loretta's hooves plodded along into a quicker rhythm against the spring scrub, but no sooner had she fully settled into the new pattern than they broke through the treeline, coming to bear with a vast grazing area, packed with cattle.

"Ay, paras, detiene." he quickly muttered, pulling back on the reins to halt the mare. She gave a whinny of complaint, but came to a stop before reaching a short fence ahead of them. Well, this was certainly a complication. Cutting straight through the herd probably wouldn't go over well, especially if it agitated any of the cattle. José squinted his eyes and scoured the area for any human silhouettes. Maybe he could find someone who knew a way around the field.

@Flip

It was the change of men working the herd, the Night Hawks were trading places with the line riders of the daylight hours. Most of them hated the fence line that had been put up, but it was there and needed tending. Of course the Night Hawks job was to patrol the herd, insure they were bedded down and to watch for anything, rustlers, fire, or strays.

So, several riders were fanning out through the herd, riding easy so as not to spook the cattle in their passing from the exchange of information to their assigned spots. One such rider went by the name of Carson and he seemed to have ridden past the stranger at the edge of the trees when he suddenly wheeled his horse around, his Colt in his hand, ready to unravel some cartridges.

“Mister, this here’s Evergreen range. Not sure where you’re bound for, but cuttin’ though ain’t an option.” He said, the pistol leveled at the man. “State your bid’ness!”

image.jpeg.40977d87a6cd305afb67109fd1e2cafb.jpeg

@boshmi

Posted (edited)

The thumping of horse hooves on the ground sounded as a rider passed just by where Loretta was paused. The desperado watched him pass, seemingly unaware of his presence, but did not make to call out just yet, lest he startle the outrider and provoke a hail of bullets.

Once man and horse had passed a sufficient distance, José opened his mouth to speak, but in that instant the rider did a full turn, bringing his horse to bear. José heard the leather scraping of a pistol being drawn, and he felt his own hand drop down to the handle of his revolver on instinct. He didn't make to pull, but the muscles in his arm tensed, ready to put this man down if need be.

“Mister, this here’s Evergreen range. Not sure where you’re bound for, but cuttin’ though ain’t an option. State your bid’ness!”

"Easy, compadré." José said, slowly and carefully. He was once more stuck by how diverse the American dialect was, seeming to remove pieces of their words entirely at random. Even as he mustered up the English phrases he'd learned through and through over the past few years, they sounded silly and false in his mouth.

"I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm looking for, ah, el pueblo, you know? The... town?"

@Flip

Edited by boshmi (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

"I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm looking for, ah, el pueblo, you know? The... town?"

“Kalispell?” Carson asked, trying to figure out how a Mexican came down from the north. “Don’t see any Mex’s up here, an’ where yer at, well, there’s this dad blamed fence line running all the way south to the Lost Lake spread, and likely beyond.” If he took the Mex up to the ranch house, the old man would likely hang him as a rustler, or just because he could.

“What I kin do, is up a ways is a way through the fence line, I ‘d take you across the range to the trail to Kalispell an’ set ya on the right track. The boss ain’t the friendliest sort, he might decide on stretchin’ yer neck was I to take you up to the house. So you kin see how that’d be a bad idea.” Carson was basically a good sort, a working cowboy, one of the few on the ranch. He was not one to look for trouble of any kind.

image.jpeg.f9af53d465e490fda5999f52d5e2ddeb.jpeg

@boshmi

Edited by Flip (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

“Don’t see any Mex’s up here, an’ where yer at, well, there’s this dad blamed fence line running all the way south to the Lost Lake spread, and likely beyond. What I kin do, is up a ways is a way through the fence line, I ‘d take you across the range to the trail to Kalispell an’ set ya on the right track. The boss ain’t the friendliest sort, he might decide on stretchin’ yer neck was I to take you up to the house. So you kin see how that’d be a bad idea.”

"Uh... huh, ah, alright." José managed, struggling to follow along with all the rapid-fire contractions. He had probably caught about one in every two words of the rider's statement, entailing something about making his neck longer? Anyway, the rider seemed a little less aggressive now that they had been introduced, and he had understood 'set ya on the right track' - which sounded agreeable enough.

"Thank you." he said, letting his draw hand relax. Instead, he reached down to the lantern at the side of his saddle, and pulled it up, opening the little gate. He reached below his poncho and found a match in his shirt pocket, which he could then strike alight along the flint at the lantern's base, and set on the the wick within. It flared to life, and José held the lantern aloft, to give them a little more visibility under the quickly-sinking sun.

"I'll follow you, Amigo." José told the weather-worn man, as he pulled the reins with his free hand and brought Loretta to bear.

@Bailey

@Flip

Edited by boshmi (see edit history)

"I'll follow you, Amigo." José told the weather-worn man, as he pulled the reins with his free hand and brought Loretta to bear.

“You got a ways to go, an’ the distance to get around the Evergreen or south to the Lost Lake’d take ya days, if ya din’t get yerself shot ‘er hung.” Carson said matter of factly, and the distance to the South would be as the rider explained, probably a couple days ride to a place where he could head east to the main trail, but not knowing the lay of the land would be a real hindrance.

“So, what brings you north? You know somebody in Kalispell or huntin’ work? Jest seems odd you’d be in this country, not that a man ain’t got the right to go where he pleases. Now was you to be lookin’ for Whitefish, she was destroyed last winter by fire and a blizzard. Don’t rightly know hoe that happened, but it shorely did. You wasn’t headed there was ya?”

Unlike any number of Evergreen hands, Carson was the friendly type who liked to talk. Of course he was a fair hand with a gun if need be. Helping the Mexican across the spread was just the right thing to do.

image.jpeg.0a128bc386cec7a695cdaf906fe8f2bf.jpeg

@boshmi

“So, what brings you north? You know somebody in Kalispell or huntin’ work?" asked the ranch hand, as José kicked his mount into a walk. Loretta ambled forward, matching the other's horse's pace across the fence, though an obvious snort from her was an expression of dissatisfaction at their not riding in a line.

"Er... work." he replied abruptly, attempting to curtail any further questions about his origin. Not that any old ranch hand might have heard of him, but, well, word traveled quicker than any man.

"Jest seems odd you’d be in this country, not that a man ain’t got the right to go where he pleases. Now was you to be lookin’ for Whitefish, she was destroyed last winter by fire and a blizzard. Don’t rightly know hoe that happened, but it shorely did. You wasn’t headed there was ya?”

"White... fish?" José repeated, a little incredulous at such a name. Not that Kalispell was much better, but at least it was a name, rather than a color of aquatic creature. "No, I wasn't headed there. Why?"

@Flip

"White... fish?" José repeated, a little incredulous at such a name. Not that Kalispell was much better, but at least it was a name, rather than a color of aquatic creature. "No, I wasn't headed there. Why?"

"Uh, jest that it ain't there no more, an' you'd be wastin' your time huntin' her up.  Wasn't all that much anyway. I mean there was people what lived there, they had stores and all, but it jest never felt right. You know, somethin' off about the place." Carson explained as well as he could.

"Nest for outlaws mostly, a man had ta be careful what he said, an' such-like. But now Kalispell? That there's a growing concern. Most folks 'er friendly, Marshal seems to be a fair man. Yeah, a good place. So, what sortta work you looking for?" It was easy conversation for a lengthy ride across the range, pushing through the cattle when they crowded up.

"You might wanna douse that there lamp. Moon an' stars shed plenty of light out here." What he was thinking was, that a moving light crossing the Evergreen might bring on problems neither of them wanted, or needed. 

image.jpeg.0a128bc386cec7a695cdaf906fe8f2bf.jpeg

@boshmi

"Nest for outlaws mostly, a man had ta be careful what he said, an' such-like. But now Kalispell? That there's a growing concern. Most folks 'er friendly, Marshal seems to be a fair man. Yeah, a good place. So, what sortta work you looking for?"

Nest of outlaws? That pricked José's ears right up. He'd resolved to stay away from the law-breaking kind for the time being, but to know that there were in fact some of them out here...

"I, uh, anything. Any work." José told the rider, as he dragged his attention back to the present. "I can ride, though, and shoot."

He slowed his mount as his guide passed through a clump of cattle on the opposite side of the fence, but soon enough they were through and getting along.

"You might wanna douse that there lamp. Moon an' stars shed plenty of light out here."

"Oh? Okay." he said, and obediently opened the gate, licked his fingers, and pinched out the flame. The rider's words rang true as the glim orange was replaced by the pale white of the sky, illuminating the way ahead. After so many months riding through forest, snow, and storm, it seemed almost unnatural for such a source of illumination, but as night vision began to grow he could even make out the shapes of twigs and leaves past which he rode.

@Flip

“You kin ride ‘n shoot, that’s a fer shore plus. Ever work cattle at all? Be helpful if ya did, cus far as I know, the Evergreen’s still lookin’ to hire some men, that is, if yer interested. Pays good, prob’ly better than most, ‘course I can’t say for sure about that, but cookie, well he feeds good. That alone is better’n some I’ve worked for before.”

Carson liked the work, liked a lot of the men, though he didn’t care much for old man Steelgrave, it didn’t matter because Elias was not one to ride out and see what was going on.

There was a new foreman, but telling this man of the circumstance had led to a number of hands riding out, was not a good idea. Nobody much liked Layton Harris and the incident created a definite opening, if the Mex wanted a riding job. He had a number in his time, they were good hands, so this one would likely be all that. “Ain’t a whole lot to workin’ cows, if’n you ain’t never done it before, be easy enough to learn.”

image.jpeg.42fbadccb276f34034c61ef3dfb9026a.jpeg

“You kin ride ‘n shoot, that’s a fer shore plus. Ever work cattle at all? Be helpful if ya did, cus far as I know, the Evergreen’s still lookin’ to hire some men, that is, if yer interested. Pays good, prob’ly better than most, ‘course I can’t say for sure about that, but cookie, well he feeds good. That alone is better’n some I’ve worked for before.”

"I'm interested." José quickly said, before the rider had a chance to rattle off more words of which he could only half-understand. The thing was; he had herded cattle before, only he'd been in the process of rustling them at the time. He'd not been very good at it, but if that was what it took to earn an honest living? Hell, he'd done harder.

“Ain’t a whole lot to workin’ cows, if’n you ain’t never done it before, be easy enough to learn.”

"I've done it a little." José told him. "Odd jobs, in the south, you know?"

Odd jobs was right.

@Flip

"Hell, then, pard! You might jest as well ride night herd with me. We'll catch Grainger, he's foreman, about dawn, an' get you signed on. I'll vouch for ya and that'll be it. You done got yerself a job!"

Carson felt good about being able to help  Jose with his search for work. Truly, unless it was something bizarre, like the ride into Kalispell to get Case out of jail, the place was a good one to work for. He especially liked night herd, where it was quiet and peaceful, with a herd the size of the Evergreens, it took four to six night-hawks watch the cattle and the remuda of saddle horses and prevent them from roaming too far. A simple job, but a good one.

"Come daylight we'll get you with Grainger and then some grub. Show ya to the bunkhouse an get ya a bed. Yep, ya lucked into it alright."

image.jpeg.e07b86f98bd190a741ca835a7eeb7fba.jpeg

@boshmi

"Hell, then, pard! You might jest as well ride night herd with me. We'll catch Grainger, he's foreman, about dawn, an' get you signed on. I'll vouch for ya and that'll be it. You done got yerself a job!"

José blinked, and Loretta came to a pause beneath him. "A job?" he repeated. Had it been that simple? Obviously, the 'Land of Opportunity' did not disappoint. Either that, or whomever owned the ranch simply did not care at all who worked it.

"Come daylight we'll get you with Grainger and then some grub. Show ya to the bunkhouse an get ya a bed. Yep, ya lucked into it alright."

Ah, grub! This one he did know, and just so happened to be exactly what he was thinking of, riding down that trail.

"I won't argue with that." he said with a smile. "Thank you... uh, what was your name?"

@Flip

"I won't argue with that." he said with a smile. "Thank you... uh, what was your name?"

“Carson, it’s what I go by,” He replied, “Ned Carson’s the whole of it, never liked Ned much an’ the middle handle’s worse. Alvis. Terrible. Named fer my Grampa, Mom’s side. Alvis, worse name I ever heard! We got us a ways ta go before we’re through, I got some jerky if’n you’re hungry, Jose. Ain’t much, but I reckon it’s better’n nothin’.

The truth of the matter was there weren’t enough hands to go around. Lost Lake seemed to be alright as far a men went, but the Evergreen was short, and it was beginning to show. Longer hours, less sleep, more work. Part of the problem was the caliber of men that had been hired, gun hands as opposed to working cowhands. But it was the way of things for now, and he would roll with it until something better came along.

image.jpeg.e07b86f98bd190a741ca835a7eeb7fba.jpeg

“Carson, it’s what I go by,” He replied, “Ned Carson’s the whole of it, never liked Ned much an’ the middle handle’s worse. Alvis. Terrible. Named fer my Grampa, Mom’s side. Alvis, worse name I ever heard!"

"Alright, well, thanks Carson." José said.

"We got us a ways ta go before we’re through, I got some jerky if’n you’re hungry, Jose. Ain’t much, but I reckon it’s better’n nothin’."

José shook his head. "I can wait. I've got a few bits and pieces of my own until then."

Now that the dark of night had well and truly set in, and he knew that he was riding among friendly faces, (or friendly-faces-to-be) José felt as though he could relax for the first time in some three years. People didn't know him here. He had already found work. This could be a new life. The clop of horseshoes and the mooing of cattle could be a worthwhile replacement for gunfire and screaming. Though it would not have been easy to see in the darkness and beneath his hat, a smile began to spread it's way across the desperado's face.

(ooc: I suppose we can end it there and make separate threads for later on?)

@Flip

Sure, we can do that. Sounds good.

The promised dawn had come, painting the sky with ever changing hues from deep grey on to several shades of  purple and finally a blue with the bright sunshine. It was then that Arlen Granger rode up on the pair, eyeing the Mexican with suspicion.

"What'cha got there Carson? Cattle thief?" He asked, the leaned a bit and spit tobacco juice into the prairie grass.

Nope. This here's Jose, said he was lookin' fer work. Come onta him tryin' to cross the range, but the fence had him stopped." Carson explained, "Told him to hang on till you'd show up. So, here he is, and I knew we needed some help."

"Help eh? Jose is it? You ever work cattle, Jose?" Grainger asked, and yes, they needed maybe another five riders.

image.jpeg.d01d250eafe82b91118b25d9e6b13067.jpegimage.jpeg.84ff487d9567a6e38530e41c9f57ce7c.jpeg

@boshmi

Some hours had passed, and that groggy sense of tiredness had begun to creep in - the kind that made you sloppy and slow when it really mattered. It made José uncomfortable, to not be as alert as he could be, but for the moment, there was really no way it could be helped.

So when a third man rode up to the pair, José had to force himself to straighten up in the saddle, and blink a few times to get the blood flowing again.

"What'cha got there Carson? Cattle thief?"

José said nothing, simply regarding the new arrival.

"Nope. This here's Jose, said he was lookin' fer work. Come onta him tryin' to cross the range, but the fence had him stopped. Told him to hang on till you'd show up. So, here he is, and I knew we needed some help."

"Help eh? Jose is it? You ever work cattle, Jose?"

He nodded with conviction, as though it would convey his certainty on the matter. "A little. I'm ready, if you need me."

@Flip

Granger was no fool, if the man had any experience at all, he would be useful. And, he could team him with other experienced cowboys to show him the ropes. They all had to start somewhere. That he was Mexican didn't phase Granger at all, he was a man, he' would be assigned a man's tasks and expected to carry them out.

"You stay with Carson here for now, need you on night hawk, I 'spose he told you, we're shorthanded right now. Go on up to the cook house and eat, then there's some empty bunks in the bunkhouse." He paused. "You know how to use a gun I take it, times you may need to use one." There wouldn't be any rides to town looking for trouble like Layton Harris tried.

"Name's Granger, I'm foreman. You have any problems Carson here can't handle you come see me." Granger stated. "Now git!"

image.jpeg.03e99440c4ab758e8a8fa02fb71926f8.jpegimage.jpeg.1ea06f6d44f411122bac58f0c78bb9fc.jpeg

@boshmi

"You stay with Carson here for now, need you on night hawk, I 'spose he told you, we're shorthanded right now. Go on up to the cook house and eat, then there's some empty bunks in the bunkhouse."

"Yessir." José quickly voiced. Time to eat and rest would be very welcome.

"You know how to use a gun I take it, times you may need to use one."

I do." he confirmed cautiously, but did not make to elaborate further. Riding with a weapon was probably a large enough part of a ranch hand's life, but these men didn't need to know just how important it had been to his life in particular.

"Name's Granger, I'm foreman. You have any problems Carson here can't handle you come see me. Now git!"

José tipped his hat in gratitude, and quickly kicked Loretta up into a trot, to move towards the indicated cookhouse.

The smell of a proper-cooked meal was already on his mind, even before the structure was fully in purview.

@Flip

Granger trotted off across the range to check on  other night hawks. "Good man Granger. Fair, knows what he's about." Carson explained. "Now, Cookie lays out a good breakfast and a lot of it. Basic stuff, beef steak, biscuits, maybe spuds 'er beans, an' coffee, plenty of that . It's an all you kin eat affair."

"Now, Old Man Steelgrave, you may see 'em, you may not. Never can tell about him. Never seen 'em horseback, 'er out on the spread. That's Grangers job an' he leaves it to him to get done. I understand the mans had him a hard time of late an' spend his time drinkin', but that's headsay. You man see 'em, you may not. I ain't never seen the man ahorseback, 'er out on the range at all."

image.jpeg.304d80c59050ed4855036cb4e1bf5462.jpeg

@boshmi

"Now, Cookie lays out a good breakfast and a lot of it. Basic stuff, beef steak, biscuits, maybe spuds 'er beans, an' coffee, plenty of that. It's an all you kin eat affair."

"That sounds good to me." José replied, perhaps with a little more enthusiasm than would have been appropriate. He could hardly remember what biscuits and steak tasted like.

"Now, Old Man Steelgrave, you may see 'em, you may not. Never can tell about him. Never seen 'em horseback, 'er out on the spread. That's Grangers job an' he leaves it to him to get done. I understand the mans had him a hard time of late an' spend his time drinkin', but that's headsay. You man see 'em, you may not. I ain't never seen the man ahorseback, 'er out on the range at all."

"Old Man Steelgrave is the owner, qué no?" José asked, as they pulled up to the cookhouse. "Doesn't come out to check on his men?"

He pulled in the reins and slipped off his mount, his boots hitting the dirt with a mild sucking from the watery mud therein. The morning air was just beginning to warm, but still he held the poncho around him, for it would be a few hours yet until it was shirt-and-trousers weather.

The newly-proclaimed ranch hand moved to the door, easing it open and eagerly casting his eyes around at the scene inside.

@Bailey@Flip

Four other riders were in the the room, eating, they all looked up, grunted a greeting and went back to their breakfast.

"Don't mind them. You'll meet 'em all sooner 'er later, but chows on, so we best get to it before he throws it out." Carson said moving to the serving table where the food was steaming. Eggs, potatoes, beef steaks, slabs of fresh baked bread and containers of butter and jam. He took up a tin plate and handed it to Jose. "Time ta strap on the feed bag. Take all ya want, but unless you wanna incur Cookies wrath, eat all ya take."

Carson began filling his plate, once done moved to the long table where the others were seated.  and sat down, leaving room for Jose, though the table was long with benches on both sides.

image.jpeg.1ea06f6d44f411122bac58f0c78bb9fc.jpeg

@boshmi