• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recently Used Characters

• Brendan simply sat in the bed and listened to Caroline. That was the least he could do. But at least she was saying good things about him. He would have felt proud in any other circumstances, but right now he just felt guilty, as though he had somehow had a hand in Caroline's horrible fate.   His eyes widened in surprise as she kissed him. The kiss was not deep, but it was still affectionate, although not the kind of affection he had imagined when he had imagined being kissed by Caroline. But, in a way, this was better.   He lifted a hand and put it at the back of her neck. Doing that felt all right - to him, anyway. It was the natural thing to do when someone kissed you. He knew that if his hand slid down, it would be resting between her bare shoulder blades. Instead of sliding his hand down, he let his fingers slide off the back of her neck and down onto the sheets as she pulled away.   "I've never been so glad to get a consolation prize," he said in a light-hearted tone. Because that's what the kiss had been.
    • "Oh, Miz Addy doesn't scare easy," Weedy pointed out, "she even killed a bear that killed one of her horses!"  He was real proud of her for that, even though she didn't make much of it.  "Gave the carcass to the Piutes, but she kept a couple of the claws."   He led the way into the kitchen, where there was a table that (barely) seated four, although there were only three chairs, a small stove, pantry and a sink complete with indoor pump.  "Here's some water."  Carefully, Weedy used the pump to fill a tin mug that he handed to Isiah.   "We can put the horses behind the house, and you can just stay in here when she gets home."  He looked up at the man with a grin.  "Are you the brother who pushed her in the lake or left her in the tree to find her own way down?"   @MD
    • Lucinda smiled as Clara emerged from the kitchen. The girl was so young, and so solemn, even though the expression on her face was pleasant. She had been slightly nervous about asking the new Mrs. Lutz for work - never having asked anyone for work before - but how could she be scared of a woman as young as Clara was?   "Well, actually, I was hoping that I might be able to help you." She held her hat with both hands so that it touched her knees. "My name is Lucinda Dietrich. I don't know how much Emeline told you, but I'm new in town. I helped Emeline wash dishes one night and she told me that if I couldn't find work, to come back here."   She paused, unsure of what to say next. Up until now she'd just been filling Clara in, but now she actually had to ask for work. How did one do that?   "Could...could you use an extra hand in the kitchen? Or out here?"
    • "Hello? Who is there, please?" asked Frances, raising her voice that the stranger outside might hear.    "Marshal Speed Guyer, Miss Grimes," He announced.   When she realized that it was the Marshall, she let him in immediately. "Is this about my brother?" she asked, in a voice that betrayed the fact that she would be surprised if it was about anything else.   "I'm afraid so ma'am," He was not not surprised, "Perhaps you'd like to sit down." He gave her a moment before continuing, "I'm afraid that your brother Frank got into an argument with some men at the Stardust Saloon earlier.  Unfortunately for him, he drew his pistol, and was killed." That did not come out the way he had intended. It sounded hollow and cold.   "I have what money he had on him, and some from the sale of his gun totaling thirty-five dollars." He added. "Also, there is the question of his horse and saddle. If you like, Miss Grimes, it can be sold and the money would come to you." He had hoped to make the delivery of Franks death much more smooth, but he felt a failure in that department. @Javia
    • Arabella listened with rapt attention to Mr. McVay's story about how he and his late wife had met and married. Oh, it was no heart-pounding tale of wild romance, as might be found within the yellow tinged pages of a dime novel; but neither was it the cold and stodgy retelling of some arranged twinning based upon financial dowries and settlements, as was so often the case. No, it was a nice, cosy, warm story: and Arabella smiled happily through the bulk of it.   But then came the dreaded and awful denouement.    "The winter of '74 Beth took a serious fall while I was at work. By the time I got home her leg was swollen, the house was like ice, and I was in a panic."   Arabella, who had been imagining Mr. and Mrs. McVay's idyllic life together so vividly, gasped, and her face fell.   He paused again. "I got her to the doctor who had her admitted to the hospital where they tended to her leg, but within days pneumonia set in. Not having the necessary strength to fight it, she succumbed."   "Oh, McVay..." sighed Arabella, leaning forward, eyes wide, her lower lip beginning to tremble.   He fained a smile, but his now red rimmed eyes were forming tears. "And, here I am."   The girl from Virginia, who was given to wearing her heart on her sleeve and crying at the drop of a hat at the best of times, now burst fully into great sobbing tears and running over threw her arms around the hard bitten reporter and wrapped him in a chaste and heartfelt hug.   "Oh poor Beth! And poor Mr. McVay!" she wept, before disentangling herself and wiping her nose on her sleeve. "and now you're here and... you're all... all alone in the world. Sniff."    @Flip

" So, yer wileys figger ta have me all wrapped up an' worshin' dishes, that it?"

"Did I say that?"  She smiled up at him sweetly and shrugged.  "I don't think that's what I said...nope!"

"What if i was ta tell you I had other plans fer you an me? What if I was ta tell ya I got the really honeymoon all planned out so's we got that time tagether we talked about, an' I can take care of some bidness that needs tendin' to? What about that?"

"Is that so?"  She looked up at him, a bit surprised, but then, she wouldn't put it past him to have planned something.  And now she was curious.  Of course, chances were good that if they didn't do something now, the livestock would arrive, then, with luck, a child, and the chance to get away for any length of time would be gone. 

"So this here bein' enslaved? As Depitty Town Marshal I could arrest you ya know." He said,aking a hollow threat.

"Oh, but then we couldn't go on that honeymoon, and you wouldn't be able to get to your business, and then we might end up losing the ranch, and with me letting Clara and Jacob use the apartment above the cafe...why, we'd be out on the streets!"  She sighed and batted her eyes.  "All because you felt compelled to lock me up!"

@Flip

"Well, if you don’t get your affair out of this flux place you can always stay at our’s. We got a room empty," Jemima offered straightforwardly enough, with a sniff.

"Oh, thank you but I doubt it will come to that," Clara had no intention of spending her wedding night in a thin walled boarding house. She wanted some privacy with her new husband.

"Well, Bridget, we will be cutting the wedding cake soon. You will not want to miss getting a slice, Mrs. Pike baked it and did a magnificent job decorating it too,"

“Cake!” beamed Bridget “Cake, ‘Mima!” she smiled at the morose Wigfall girl. “Make you fat.” replied Jemima.

"Oh nonsense, Bridget is not even near fat. One thick slice of wedding cake will not make a whit of difference," Clara immediately disagreed.

"Well, I really do need to go and make my rounds with visiting the other guests," the bride now decided.

• Love 1

"You are getting the farm? You sure of it?”

Jacob was sure of it. Well, at least the legal fact of it.

“Yes Sir, Seventeenth of September, that’s my birthday. I’ll be eighteen and the farm’ll be legally mine. O’ course, Granny’ll think she’s still running the place but…” he shook his head thoughtfully.  

Well then, why not be a farmer. It's what you know, how you've been brought up. Clara knows a lot about farm life too," to Aurelian that was a bit of good news even if the boy didn't seem to think so.

“I might well keep it on” Jacob nodded “Either to supply the White Rose, or maybe turn the whole place into a cannery.” Well, he certainly thought big! “Traditional farming’s going nowhere and the big cattle ranges are on the wane too, as far as I can see.” he opined.

“It’s not all fully formed as a plan, Sir, I’m still looking, and listening: it would mean a lot if I could get your advice in future: as I feel my way forward.” Jacob frowned.

"I'm on your side, Jacob, I really am. You can always come to me," Aurelian assured him. 

“My Pa used to give me advice, and I didn’t like a lot of it. He used to say: das ist immer der beste Rat ... that’s‚ that’s the useful kind“. 

Aurelian nodded, "Well, one thing that I won't be doing, I won't be advising you in German. I don't know the language." 

Jacob laughed. “Well, me and Lee only keep it up as a kinda secret code language ‘cause Granny doesn’t understand a word of it, either.” He admitted.

"Look I'm glad we talked, I think we set a foundation for doing this on a regular basis and that's a good thing. But discuss all this with Clara now. Try and come to decisions such as these as a partnership. In the long run, you won't regret it," he patted the boy on the back.

“Thank you, Sir.” Said the lad, and he meant it. There was something else, though.

“Oh, and about Lee, er, Leonora. Well, Sir, you know she’s awful busted up over all of this. I think she feels even worse than Clara and me about, well, you know.” He shrugged a little. He couldn’t really say me getting your daughter pregnant out loud. “It’d mean the world to me if, well, if you could speak to her, sorta put her mind at ease that you don’t blame her for everything. I know her way of thinking isn’t…, well, she’s a woman and she doesn’t always employ logic the way we men do.” he reasoned, indulging in a nice bit of 19th Century misogyny. “Your opinion of her seems to mean a lot to Lee, Mr. Redmond.”

Then Granny Miggins was on them.

“Come on you two, stop gossipin' like two old wimmin! Cake’s bein’ cut! An’ you’ve both got speeches to make – but don’t make ‘em too long, mind! It’s nearly time for my nap. And you…” she prodded Jacob “Remember, you’re meant to compliment the bridesmaids, even if one of ‘em is that dreadful Mudd girl.”

@Wayfarer

"I can't see why not." Was the retort. "I'd jest take in chains. Be a lot cheaper thata way. I mean, well, there's the clothes we wouldn't have to worry about, or anything else really. I'd jest drop ya at the jail where we're headed and that'd take care of meals an' such. Hardly a problem at all, really."  He smirked and shook his head.

"As far as Clara an' Jacob, well, they'd be welcome to it, cuz by the time we got back, the house an' out buildin's'll be done, an' the stock on the way." He again feigned sorrow, "But alla that bein' dun, well, that'd be somethin' to lookfor'd to, when ya get out, a'course."

@Bongo

Young Jacob assured Aurelian he was indeed gaining himself a farm come his birthday which was not that far away. Funny, Aurelian thought Clara was slightly older than this lad but nope, didn't really matter either way though. He was full of plans yet again, keeping the farm besides the White Rose possibility and a cannery now too? Too much ambition, not enough experience and reality. However he had to hope Clara, normally so sensible (this recent event showing she was not ALWAYS sensible) would keep him grounded.

"Son,  they will always need farmers, people like to eat," he had to point out to one of the young man's declarations. Here he had thought the boy lived and breathed farming, it did not appear to be the case. That was worrisome.

“Oh, and about Lee, er, Leonora. Well, Sir, you know she’s awful busted up over all of this. I think she feels even worse than Clara and me about, well, you know.” He shrugged a little.

"Well, it certainly is not her fault, we both know whose fault it was don't we?" Aurelian was blunt on that assessment and he wasn't just blaming Jacob, Clara was also at fault.

“It’d mean the world to me if, well, if you could speak to her, sorta put her mind at ease that you don’t blame her for everything. I know her way of thinking isn’t…, well, she’s a woman and she doesn’t always employ logic the way we men do.” he reasoned,  “Your opinion of her seems to mean a lot to Lee, Mr. Redmond.”

"Oh, certainly, I can do that," Aurelian nodded immediately. To her credit even Lenora had suspected far more than he had and tried to head it off while he had been oblivious, counting on his perfect daughter. And it turned out she wasn't. She was a human being. And he loved her dearly regardless.

Granny Miggins then trundled up in a foul mood (when wasn't she), telling them it was time to cut the cake. And also reminding them to compliment the bridesmaids. Whatever, Aurelian just agreed, "Fine, be right there."

Poor Clara, she and the old woman were NOT going to get along.

Everyone had been gathered so that they had a view of the nice cake Emeline had done such a superb job on and on very short notice too. Now it was time to cut into it, Clara thought it so exquisite she almost felt badly about having to destroy. Her brother on the other hand was just plain hungry and sighed at the announcement.

"Alright everybody, before we all have a piece of this here fine cake, thank you again Mrs. Pike, we need to have a couple speeches. I don't know about Jacob, but I'm gonna make mine a short one so here goes..."  Aurelian announced.

"I have been blessed with the most wonderful daughter anyone can imagine in Clara. I hate to give her up. She will always be my little girl to me. That said no one was a better help here on our family farm, Wyatt and I literally depended on her for so much and no one was more diligent than Clara. I hope Jacob realizes - and I think he does - what an excellent asset to the marriage he is getting."

"So let me close then - I told you it would be short," he smiled then continued, "by wishing these two young people a long and happy marriage.  I told them they can count on me for whatever assistance I can give them. But in the end, it's up to them, it's their lives now. I'm confident they are up to the task. Good luck, Clara and Jacob."

Clara now clapped with an actual big grin on her face, Wyatt joining her.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Jacob’s effort was the usual Groom’s speech, thanking the vicar for the service, and the new father-in-law for his speech and for his lovely daughter’s hand and for having them all over, etc. It was incumbent upon him to lavish masses of praise onto Clara too, of course, and that was no effort to do, she looked so beautiful.

“It’s also my job to thank the Maid of Honour and Bridesmaid, and that’s easy, too.” He smarmed, a little awkwardly. “Mrs Pike, if you’re used to that name yet Mam, you look radiant, Mr Pike is a very lucky man…” that got a low murmur of approbation and from somewhere he produced a neat little bouquet of flowers which he walked over and handed to her and gave her a kiss on each cheek.

“I’d better be getting one o’ them there posies, too.” Arabella’s voice could be heard telling someone. Jacob seemed to relax a little at this interruption.

“Yeah Reb, you got one too.” Jacob laughed, fishing out an equally nice little bouquet and handing it over to her, with the obligatory kisses. “You scrubbed up pretty good.”

“All the ladies here today look lovely and I wish I had flowers for them all” he continued, looking a little serious again “… and there’s one lady I would like to mention particularly that… well, if it wasn’t for her, I don’t think that I’d even be here today, let alone in any fit state to be married. As most of you know, both Clara and I lost our mothers when we were of an age when we most needed their help and advice. From what Clara’s told me, I know that Mrs Pike there’s been like a second mother to her and well, I know Clara would want me to say Thank You from us to her for everything that she has done, not just today but over the last year.”

“As for me” he continued “When my Ma died, I gotta admit, I went through a very rough time…” he shook his head, almost in a trance thinking back to that dark, dark time in his life “… and there was one special lady who got me through it and, well, all I can say to her is…” Both Granny Miggins and Leonora sat up a little more proudly in their makeshift seats, expecting to be the recipient of this benediction “… well, just Thanks for Everything, Jemima.”

anne-with-an-e-gilbert-bythe-lucas-jade-

Hector Wigfall later admitted that this bizarre revelation at the end of Lutz’s oration nearly put him off his stride when he came to make his own speech, but like all good raconteurs, he made lemonade out of lemons.

“Yes, that’s right folks, my sister can provide everything you need for a wedding: suit, boutonnieres, bouquets, you name it, everything but a beautiful bride.” It was a pretty cruel joke, but it had the ameliorating effect of making it sound like all his horrible sister had done was get Jacob’s outfit and the flowers together. Hector also had mighty big suspicions about the ring Jacob was wearing, too, but he didn’t mention that.

The rest of his turn (once he’d done the joke about having ‘only prepared a short speech’ and then getting out a massive sheaf of notes) was pretty standard Best Man fayre, including jokes about all Lutz’s previous girlfriends not being able to make it today, as there wasn’t room in the church for them all, and some pretty near the knuckle innuendo about what would be happening later tonight and Clara’s ‘interesting condition’*. If not everybody thought his jokes were funny, Arabella more than made up for it by laughing uproariously throughout, and loudly explaining to Bridget what each of the jokes meant.

Once this ordeal was over, everybody could relax again and give a cheer as Jacob and Clara, together holding what looked like an enormous bowie knife, cut the cake.  

@Flip @Bongo @boshmi @Wayfarer

*e.g. "I hope if I do a good job of this best man's speech, Clara and Jake might even consider me for Godfather in six, er seven, er, nine month's time!"

Edited by Javia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Barnabas swelled with pride at the mention of his new bride in conjunction with the Lutz wedding, but then he should not be surprised, after all, the two, Em and Clara, were very good friends. Clara had been an integral part of his own ceremony, and he had been glad of it.

He was happy for the couple, even if it seemed sudden, it was the way things happened. Man meets woman, boy meets girl, something happens between them, and the next thing one knows, their wed, and starting a family.

@Bongo@boshmi@Wayfarer

Aurelian gave his speech, shortly followed by Jacob and the Wigfall boy, and while Thomas had spent the last few minutes engrossed by the wide assortment of quality foodstuffs at hand, even he had to lend an ear to the more impassioned moments of the newly-made Mr. Lutz's presentation.

He nodded humbly at the thanks he was given, and when the time came for the couple to cut their cake, he joined in on the cheering chorus, raising a glass to their prosperity and happiness.

@Flip@Bongo@Wayfarer@Javia

"Thank you, Jacob...Mr. Lutz."  Emeline beamed brightly, finding it a bit strange to think of either Clara or Jacob as a married adult now, but she had no doubts that they had a good chance at making this work.  While they were still very young, they had some good elders to go to when they needed to, and they were both sensible (mostly) and hard-working.

Silently, she wished them all the best, and she would do what she could to help them, whether they wanted it or not!  After all, Clara was like a sister to her, and she knew the girl had a good future ahead of her.

As for destroying her cake...well, that was unavoidable!

Barnabas was impressed with the Words the lad had strung together about the wedding, his friends, and his special thank you to Jemima regarding her help to him after his mother's passing. A rough time at any age. He recalled the realization that his mother and father had perished in a raid, presumably by Comanches and he, a battle hardened veteran of the war was reduced to tears.

Yet, the young man had shouldered the responsibility of taking a wife and the family that would surely follow. He had to be regarded as a man now, as he had assumed the responsibilities of one. Not a novel concept for the times by any means, tho one day he was considered a boy, young man at best, the next, a man, a husband and provider. Pike smiled. Big steps to take. He had a feeling Jacob Lutz was up to the task.

@Wayfarer@Javia@Bongo@boshmi

Clara was more holding Jacob's hand than the knife, he was the one with the grip on the handle. It was time to cut the cake and she whispered in his ear, "We better not mess this up."

In reality how hard was it to slice cake and soon the slices were being placed upon plates for the guests to enjoy, Wyatt just insisting he didn't need a plate and took his piece in hand. Well, it didn't last long anyhow as he gobbled it up like he was starving, despite the barely finished reception dinner.

Of course the very first bites of the cake had to be sampled by the newlyweds and Clara fed a bite to Jacob who returned the favor for her, it was delicious. How could it not be? Emeline baked it and decorated it too. As the young couple then settled in to their own slices, Clara watched the various guests enjoy their treats too. She had deliberately cut a thicker slice for Bridget who was wolfing it down with child-like glee. Even Granny Miggins wasn't able to find fault with the cake it seemed. That was a relief.

She turned to Jacob and spoke softly so only he could hear, "So, how did you manage to accrue that ring?"  She was truly curious.

"Oh and another thing, Father said we can stay here for our wedding night. He and Wyatt will go camp out and sleep under the stars. Wyatt will love that. So it will be just us."  Her eyes lit up.

• Love 1

Clara was more holding Jacob's hand than the knife, he was the one with the grip on the handle. It was time to cut the cake and she whispered in his ear, "We better not mess this up."

“Well, if we do, we’ll just have to get married all over again tomorrow. And I wouldn’t mind doing that just one little bit!” he grinned at her as their two combined, entwined hands pressed the knife through Emeline’s light as a feather cake with absolutely no effort required at all.

She turned to Jacob and spoke softly so only he could hear, "So, how did you manage to accrue that ring?"  She was truly curious.

“Oh, your ring is an old family heirloom.” He smiled. That sounded nicer than, I got Granny to take it off her gnarled and bumpy finger after sixty-five years using grease soap and cotton, last night. Both answers were equally true. To be fair, the old girl had been pretty good about it: especially as he’d made sure that she thought it was her own idea.

Well, turnabout was fair play. He twisted the silver ring on his own finger.

“And where did this come from?” he asked “It’s beautiful. And it fits perfectly.” He was 99% sure that was actually what she’d meant in the first place, where had the silver ring come from: asking her was a good way of saying ‘I don’t know, honest’ without actually having to say it.  

“Oh, and another thing, Father said we can stay here for our wedding night. He and Wyatt will go camp out and sleep under the stars. Wyatt will love that. So it will be just us.”  Her eyes lit up.

The prospect of spending their first night together in a bed, a real bed, alone, able to make love undisturbed and in warm comfort (with no mud!) was a wonderful, wonderful prospect that made Jacob grin ear to ear.

But… oh, it was the tiniest, littlest, most insignificant, miniscule but… but it was a but… he was male after all, and… he felt ashamed of the thought and pushed it to the depths of his soul, never to be thought about, and certainly never to be uttered… … but he kinda would have liked to have spent the night under the stars with Aurelian and Wyatt! AS WELL. Of course, as well as snuggling up with Clara, speaking sweet nothings to her and kissing her gently on the forehead and… hmmm, once she was a sleep and snoring, would it be too remiss of him as a husband to sneak out to the fellas and see how they were doing, under the Moon?

No! No, he would sleep with Clara until morn. There would be plenty of opportunities in the future for the camaraderie of hunting or fishing excursions with the fellers. It was the lie that every newly married man tells himself.

@Wayfarer

The cake was good, but of course, who ever baked a poor cake for a wedding? Thomas wolfed down his share, and set the plate to the side, for now that the formalities were done with, they could satisfy the administrative side of things.

He collected the bottle, and the certificate, then waded his way through the guests to where the couple now stood, holding hands and looking for all the world like they had been made for each other.

"Sorry to interrupt." he greeted them both humbly. "Now that things are dying down a little, there is the matter of signatures..."

The reverend placed the certificate on the table in front of them.

"...to confirm union in the eyes of the law."

@Javia@Wayfarer

The bride and groom held a quick discussion about their rings. Jacob said his was her heirloom from within the family. Clara nodded. Then asked about the ring Clara gave to him. The bride, on the other hand, could not really answer.

"I honestly do not know, it is not from my family. Arabella gave it to me suddenly. Took me by complete surprise, I hope she did not steal it from that awful place she works," Clara sighed.

*****Bit later****

The dinner over, the cake cut and eaten, all the speeches over, why Clara had even thrown the bridal bouquet to the young umarried ladies, well not like there were many. Arabella, Jemima, and Bridget. Leonora was probably not going to chance it given her delicate condition.

Rev. Thomas approached the couple as things were winding down with that kindly smile of his.

"Sorry to interrupt." he greeted them both humbly. "Now that things are dying down a little, there is the matter of signatures..."

"Oh right of course, must make certain it is all lawful," Clara nodded and signed first, her penmanship very easy to read.

• Wow! 1

Posted (edited)

"I honestly do not know, it is not from my family. Arabella gave it to me suddenly. Took me by complete surprise, I hope she did not steal it from that awful place she works," Clara sighed.

“Steal? Arabella?” Jacob shook his head. That was a terrible thing to say about someone, calling them a thief. He made, perhaps, a mental re-adjustment in his head. Clara thought even less of her bridesmaid than he had thought she did. He stored away useful knowledge like this. Remembering these things in future might lead to a quieter life.

*****Bit later****

The dinner over, the cake cut and eaten, all the speeches over, why Clara had even thrown the bridal bouquet to the young umarried ladies, well not like there were many. Arabella, Jemima, and Bridget. Leonora was probably not going to chance it given her delicate condition.

It was sort of a moot point who caught it: Jemima saw it coming her way, but reacted far too slowly and it bounced off her head and flopped into Bridget’s lap. Arabella, once she’d stopped laughing, declared this a draw and that it meant both of them would get married, but both might have to wait a while – a pretty safe prediction, at the time.

Rev. Thomas approached the couple as things were winding down with that kindly smile of his.

"Sorry to interrupt." he greeted them both humbly. "Now that things are dying down a little, there is the matter of signatures..."

"Oh right of course, must make certain it is all lawful," Clara nodded and signed first, her penmanship very easy to read.

Jacob signed too, in neat controlled cursive copperplate. Wigfall signed last and, of course, had to make a meal of it, first lifting the certificate and jokingly looking underneath. He had heard, he said, of a hotel clerk who used carbon paper to get people’s signing-in signatures onto blank cheques. He then assured the Reverend Thomas that he was just joking, which, as nobody was laughing, was probably a much-needed piece of information. He then took out a fountain pen ‘I always use my own pen, it has a special gold nib’ he pointed out ostentatiously, before signing a signature of such size and squiggly fanciness that it would have put John Hancock himself to shame.

Wigfall then heartily shook the hands of Lutz and Father Thomas and taking Clara’s hand, gave her a continental sort of a kiss on it, ruminating to himself on what a lucky bastard Lutz was, falling on his feet with a peach like Clara Redmond.

Posted (edited)

OOC: About ready to wrap this one up then??? I think it pretty much has run its course.

OOC: Sure, we can do Aurelian, Wyatt, Hector, Thomas and Barnabas all camping out under the stars as a separate thread! I mean, all fellers like camping out, right?

And the ladies sleeping in the barn?  Jemima can tell ghost stories!

Yay, sleepover!

Why are the ladies sleeping in the barn????  Can't they find their way home to Kalispell only a few miles from the Redmond place? They all got rides out there.

Helpless wimmen!  This is why they should never be allowed to vote.

Seriously? A camp out?

You know you wanna.