• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recently Used Characters

• Justus kept a close eye on the man as he approached, reassured by the fact that he was being allowed to approach, and that there was no sign of aggression.  He stopped a few feet away.   "Evenin', sir."  Justus nodded with an easy grin, relieved that it seemed this was a friendly bunch.  Most men on drives were, but Justus had learned young that it was best to assume the worst, then be happily surprised.   "Just what are you up too?" It was Dallas, and he was one to ask questions first, rather than just shoot a fellow. "You might oughtta ride on in like a man. There'll be plenty of grub, and you'll be welcome to it." He smiled.   "Thank ya, sir, I might do just that."  While he didn't want to seem too eager, there was no denying that he was grateful for the offer.   "You out here on yer own? Mount up an' I'll ride in with ya jest so's you don't get shot er nuthin'!" The he laughed.   "Yes, sir, I'm alone."  Swinging into the saddle, Justus patted Mule on the neck, then fell into pace beside the man.  "I do appreciate this, sir, I'll work for it, sir, help th' cookie with dishes or some'at."  A thankless job, but it wouldn't do him any harm, and he wouldn't feel so much like mooching.   "Oh, m' name's Justus Wheeler, sir.  I'm headed north, nowhere in particular."   @Flip
    • Mature Content:  Might well be violence.   With: Turk Flagg, Caroline, and who knows else Location: Star Dust Saloon When: Sept/ 1876 Time of Day: Early evening     Now Turk had never been to this part of Montana previously but  seemed like a nice enough quiet town. Actually peaceful towns were not exactly good for his sort of occupation but then he had not ridden in with any specific job in mind.  He was between jobs, just last week he'd delivered a prisoner to a small town south of Kalispell, the man had been a wanted rustler. Fellow whined the whole way back right up to jail that he was innocent. Turk then just pointed out he was neither judge nor jury, tell it to someone who cared. Least he had some cash in his pocket. And where better to spend a bit of it then in the town's only saloon apparently. Least only one he could spot.   Entering into the place thru the swinging bat doors, he took in the joint. Decent enough, he'd seen many worse, some better. On this weekday night it was not crowded but there were a few folks at the bar and some others gathered around tables, most tables holding card games. He didn't go for cards though and on those rare occasions when he had, he usually lost money. Nope, keep it simple, get a drink or two or four.   As he sidled up to the bar, the bartender was presently occupied with another customer so he paused to take a second scan of the place. And who should he see but...................   "Caroline?  Caroline Mundee," he made sure he said those words loud enough the woman could hear him as she  a good distance away, holding a tray of drinks.   Caroline not only picked up on her name but recognized the voice and turned to see just to make certain. The look on her face made it plain she knew the speaker alright as she broke out into a wide smile.   "Well, I'll be !  Gimme a minute," she called back then hurried to finish her on duty errand, duly placing the tray in front of four card players, "Here ya are, boys. Enjoy!"    Turk nodded and just leaned with his back against the bar, watching her every move. She sure was as pretty as the last time they'd seen each other. He never took his eyes off her as she then approached and in a few seconds the two embraced in a quick but heartfelt hug.   "Turk! I had heard rumors you were dead," Caroline declared when they broke it up.   "Nope, I can truly assure you that I am not. Yer lookin' fine as always," he grinned.   Caroline looked past him for a moment, "Ralph, break out one of the good bottles and pour us two shots, will ya, hon?"    "Shit! How much that gonna cost me now?"  Turk knew her routine alright, they'd become friends in Helena when she worked a saloon there.   "Nah! On the house! I'm real glad ta see you again," Caroline then leaned into the bar next to him, they had some catching up to do alright.              
    • Four good men was all he needed, and Granger knew just the men for the job. Men that would kill anyone that threatened the ranch in any way, shape, or form. Of course, that went doe any number of of the Evergreen hands, the men he wanted would be the worst, and most dangerous of the hands Elias Steelgrave employed   The first one he ran on to was the stocky built Dutch, the only name they knew him by, but that was enough. He rode up next to the man, "Dutch, Mister Steelgrave has a job for you."   Dutch looked to him, knowing if the old man wanted him for a job it wouldn't be nurse maiding no cows. "Sure Granger, what's he got in mind?"   "Might be some Lost Lake men trailing Carson, they need to be stopped." It was quick and blunt.   "Right up my alley, Granger. Start now?" Dutch asked.   "I'll Get Treach, Watts, and Deckerd. Mister Steelgrave wants you boys to be sure they start it."    "Easy as pie. If you want I'll go for 'em, know right where they are and well just head that way." Dutch offered with a grin that was far from friendly.   "Sure Dutch, go ahead. Anything happens, you hightail it back here." Granger  replied to which Dutch nodded and spurred his horse.           Dutch                                      Treach                             Watts                       Deckerd
    • The conversation with Misses Thornton-Carlton had been informative, though she had not said when these hands from the Lost Lake would be in town for supplies. In New Mexico Territory they generally went once a month, unless they were in need of something or they got word an order had come in, which was rare, the Apaches saw to that. No one was willing to take the chance . But this here might be different. The Lost Lake was not so far from town as the Lazy S was to Lordsburg, nor as dangerous.   So, the hotel looked to be the place he'd stay until these hands rode in, and it would certainly give him a chance to meet some folks, like she said, see who his allies were. And from, what he had learned so far, the trouble ran deep between the Lost Lake and this Evergreen Ranch, and then toss in the son and his pack of animals. Things could get terminal real quick. This was shaping up to be far more than he had bargained for when he left New Mexico. But he was there now, so he could run, or stay, and Tyrell Thornton was not much for running.
    • Speed took the time to let Alice and her father know where he was going, and why, then mounted up and started out for the fort. He'd not been there, he had seen it in passing, and it was a welcome sight with the Indians out. He understood that the Military had no jurisdiction in town, and likely they might not be willing to help, yet, then again, they might. Protecting citizens was their job. And just because the ones Speed was asking them to protect were in town with active lawmen, A large contingent of outlaws  posed a significant threat.   The outlaws, be it Cases' gang or Elias' riders, or both together, it would be more than a handful lawmen could handle, even with the townsfolk defending their town. True, most had served in the War Between the States, but that had been over ten years ago, and true they had fought Indians and outlaws, yet these men were settled down now and past getting into gun trouble. And maybe it wouldn't come. Maybe Neither Steelgrave wanted to tangle with the town and it's people. Yet going to talk with the Army made sense, even if they couldn't really help out right then.
Anæsthesia Orr

Now I know my A.B.C.

"Poor widdle ting!"  Grinning, Addy gave her brother's thumb a fake kiss, then shrugged.  "Sorry I done fergot my manners.  This here young lady's helpin' me with readin' an whatnot.  She's a right proper gal."

Gently, she stroked the kitten she still held, shaking her head.  "Gonna have folks thinkin' we're heathens, what with ya carryin' on that way.  An' all half nikked like that."

Well, she couldn't help but laugh at the whole thing, then explain, "We come here ta look at th' horses, but I think we got more'n we bargained fer!"

@Javia

@MD

• Love 1

Isiah could tell that the young girl was almost repulsed by the sight of him and then she was looking away, can’t even hold his gaze….Addy saying he was half naked.  At her words he looked down at himself and well, damn it was hot and he was just doing his best to keep himself cool.  He sighed and reached over and grabbed the button down shirt he had and pulled it on over the tank top, buttoning a few in the middle.

“I knew I was ugly but didn’t know it was that bad!” He said with a laugh, and then was surprised that, who he know knew as Anaesthesia Orr, was pushing her hand forward to shake his.

“Oh missus, you don’t have ta.” He told her but since she had made the kind gesture he shook her hand back and smile down at her genuinely.

“The pleasure is mine, Ms. Orr.” He said before he pulled back his filthy hand and raised a brow as he leaned back against the table crossing his arms over his chest. “You goin’ off and learnin’ ta read?” He addressed Addy as he reached down and rubbed the head of the kitten that Josh was shoving towards him.  “You got yurself a difficult job there.” He spoke to Anaesthesia. “It’s hard to keep that one sittin’ still for any length o’ time.” He chuckled.

@Bongo@Javia

• Love 1

The half naked savage covered himself, which was (mostly) a relief for the girl who had lived a quite sheltered and cosseted life. At least she didn't feel she needed to keep looking away, like a horse shying at a jump.

“The pleasure is mine, Ms. Orr.” He said before he pulled back his filthy hand and raised a brow as he leaned back against the table crossing his arms over his chest.

Although she rather agreed with him, Anæsthesia managed a polite enough smile. 

“You goin’ off and learnin’ ta read?” He addressed Addy as he reached down and rubbed the head of the kitten that Josh was shoving towards him.  “You got yurself a difficult job there.” He spoke to Anaesthesia. “It’s hard to keep that one sittin’ still for any length o’ time.” He chuckled.

"I hardly agree." countered Anæsthesia "Miss Chappel is a very good student. Any restlessness reflects badly upon only myself and my shortcomings as a teacher. I am a complete beginner. In fact it is your sister who has the difficult job of being patient with me.

This wasn't entirely true, but the eighteen-year-old Miss Orr felt an odd and totally unexpected  protective feeling toward the woman some ten years her senior by dint of their Teacher-Pupil relationship. 

"Are you visiting for some time, Mr Chappel?" Anæsthesia asked politely: for among her many, if rather slight, talents, was a suitable mastery of small-talk. 

@Bongo @MD

"Oh, well, now, I'm just tryin' ta keep up with a ten year old sprout!" Addy declared with a laugh at Miss Orr's praise.  "I knowed a few letters already, an' Miss Orr has th' patience of a saint."  She grinned.  "Just no appreciation'a horses."

Not that everyone needed to be thrilled to be around horses and shoveling manure, but sometimes you should get your hands dirty and let loose and have some fun!  Addy couldn't imagine being strapped into linen and lace all day everyday.  What was the point?

@Javia

@MD

• Love 1

Well this young lady, I could tell, seemed destined to be a teacher.  I raised my brows impressed by what she said about herself and about Addy.  Isiah kinda half wished he could learn to read and write, but he wouldn't dare to say nothing, well not right now at least. It would have been nice to learn as a kid, that stuff comes so much easier and you actually retain it.  Learning it as an adult...well the brain just doesn't work the same.

"Oh, well, now, I'm just tryin' ta keep up with a ten year old sprout!" Addy declared with a laugh at Miss Orr's praise.  "I knowed a few letters already, an' Miss Orr has th' patience of a saint."  She grinned.  "Just no appreciation'a horses."

Isiah smiled some at them both. "Well perhaps ya'll could teach each other a thing or two.  Horses really are great." He said to Anæsthesia agreeing with his sister. "You should give them a chance." He said to the girl.

"Are you visiting for some time, Mr Chappel?" Anæsthesia asked politely: for among her many, if rather slight, talents, was a suitable mastery of small-talk. 

"Well." He answered her. "Pretty sure I'm here to stay.  So yes, I'd say I'm here to visit for quite some time." 

@Bongo @Javia

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

"Oh, well, now, I'm just tryin' ta keep up with a ten year old sprout!" Addy declared with a laugh at Miss Orr's praise.  "I knowed a few letters already, an' Miss Orr has th' patience of a saint."  She grinned.  "Just no appreciation'a horses."

"Oh, I think that they are beautiful animals." Anæsthesia corrected, quickly, "I'm just a little scared of them." 

Isiah smiled some at them both. "Well perhaps ya'll could teach each other a thing or two.  Horses really are great." He said to Anæsthesia agreeing with his sister. "You should give them a chance." He said to the girl.

The fancy blonde girl nodded, but then immediately jumped when one of the stable whinnied suddenly in her stall. 

"Are you visiting for some time, Mr Chappel?" Anæsthesia asked politely: for among her many, if rather slight, talents, was a suitable mastery of small-talk. Anæsthesia recovered quickly and asked, politely, as to the duration of her 'pupil's' brother's stay in Kalispell.

"Well." He answered her. "Pretty sure I'm here to stay.  So yes, I'd say I'm here to visit for quite some time." 

Did that mean he was moving here permanently, or just a long visit; and furthermore, she had to ask herself, why did she care? She knew why: Mr Chappel was big, strong and handsome, he had everything a woman could want in a man, physically. Also, the sad story of him being a widower with a small child to look after made him an attractive object of sympathy in a well bred young woman's eyes. But he was, well, to put it kindly, a little rough around the edges and possibly in want of prospects. 

If he was just passing through, well, she would enjoy the scenery and then forget him. If he was to be a more permanent fixture around the town, then he might be worth investing some time in: getting to know him and...well, yes, helping him to change for the better, polish him up like the diamond in the rough he seemed to be. Miss Orr was good like that, always willing to help others strive for the social perfection that she herself had achieved in her eighteen years. The thought that her slightly snobby personality could do with a few renovations here and there never occurred to her, of course. 

"And whereabouts do you hail from, Mr. Chappel?" she continued her ever-so polite interrogation.

@MD @Bongo

Edited by Javia (see edit history)

"Don't hurt none ta have a good respect fer horses," Addy pointed out, "an' th' more ya get ta know their ways, th' more ya get comfortable with 'em."

As she was speaking, she slipped a halter on Arabesque and led her out of the stall, into the breezeway of the barn.  The mare was smaller than the work horses, and as gentle as they came, so while Miss Anæsthesia was grilling her brother, Addy looked at her young nephew.

"So, Mr. Josh, would ya like ta sit on Arabesque, maybe ride around a bit?"  Certainly, if the little boy was easy with the horse, that would put Anæsthesia at ease.

@MD

@Javia

• Love 1

Isiah of course had no idea that Miss Orr was analyzing his answer only the way a woman would.  She couldn't just take it for it's word.  He was here to stay.  Yes, a permanent fixture as she was thinking.  

He walked over and rubbed Arabesque on the side as his sister got her out.  

"And whereabouts do you hail from, Mr. Chappel?" she continued her ever-so polite interrogation.

"Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, ma'm.  Ever heard of it?" He asked as he helped the steady the horse, it seemed Josh did indeed want to take a ride on her.  He had grown up around horses of course and was quite fond of them and not scared one bit to go on a ride.  It would indeed be a good way to show the young girl that the gentle creatures were nothing to be afraid of."

Josh held his hands up towards his Aunt and nodded his head excitetedly. "Yes'm! I'd love to ride.  And later you can ride my horse if you want to, Aunt Addy!" He thought it only fair that if she let him ride her horse then he should offer to let her ride his!

@Javia @Bongo

• Love 1

"Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, ma'm.  Ever heard of it?" He asked as he helped the steady the horse, it seemed Josh did indeed want to take a ride on her. 

It sounded like a hick town, but Anæsthesia bravely made a show of frowning, as if trying to remember the name of the place but not quite being able to recall it. "Is it famous for anything?" she asked, and then, as if to illustrate what 'being famous' meant, she elucidated by giving a few famous facts about her own home town. "For instance, Kalispell is famous for Flathead Lake, which is the largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi; the town was founded by Ishmael Thornton in 1808, he was the geologist who accompanied Lewis and Clark in their famous expedition; and last and certainly not least, Kalispell was the birthplace of the Reverend John Spooner." she said rather proudly.

Meanwhile, Addy was helping little Josh up onto a horse. Anæsthesia stood well back: the sight of the tiny boy on the beast's back made it look even bigger and more terrifying than ever!

Josh held his hands up towards his Aunt and nodded his head excitetedly. "Yes'm! I'd love to ride.  And later you can ride my horse if you want to, Aunt Addy!" He thought it only fair that if she let him ride her horse then he should offer to let her ride his!

Anæsthesia shuddered as the boy sat on the enormous quadruped: she certainly had to admire his guts. In fact, she expected to see his guts any minute when the monster threw him off and trampled him into the stable floor with its iron shod devil-hooves.

"Is Pigeon Forge famous?"  Addy chuckled as she grasped Josh and swung him up onto the horse's bare back.  "It's famous fer th' Chappel's a' course!  Best gol-dernedest mule-skinners in all'a th' United States!"  What could be better?  Well...

"It's where th' Treaty'a Dumplin Crick was signed with th' Cherokee, an' it's where Wear decided where ta put Ware Fort, where it's still where Wear put it!"

Grinning proudly, Addy started to walk around the spacious barn interior, followed by her horse and, by default, Josh.

@MD

@Javia

• Liked your post, Pard! 1
  • Made Me Laugh! 1

Isiah sure couldn't think of a thing that Pigeon Forge was famous for, that until Addy piped up and he chuckled at her reasons for it being famous.  

Josh held tight to the horse and turned and looked over his shoulder at Ms. Orr and piped up. "And my Ma's apple pie had ta be the best in all tha world!"  As the horse turned and he could see the girl better he went on. "We had the biggest apple tree ya ever did see right in our backyard!  It has the bestest apples!  And that's where Ma go 'em all and I always helped her pick 'em....well I picked up the ones that fell to tha ground!"

Isiah looked at his sister, he knew she'd know that tree real well.  Since he and his late wife had been living on the same land they'd grown up on the tree was real familiar. "It's that tree Pa told you not to climb that time.  The one you fell out of and nearly broke yer neck!" He said with a laugh....able to laugh about it now since of course she was well and good!

He looked at Ms. Orr.  "That lake sounds mighty nice.  I'm guessin' there's some good fishin' to be had there?  I can nearly taste the trout right now!" Isiah loved fishin' and he s'possed it had been forever since he and Addy had done just that!

@Javia @Bongo

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Josh held tight to the horse and turned and looked over his shoulder at Ms. Orr and piped up. "And my Ma's apple pie had ta be the best in all tha world!"  As the horse turned and he could see the girl better he went on. "We had the biggest apple tree ya ever did see right in our backyard!  It has the bestest apples!  And that's where Ma go 'em all and I always helped her pick 'em....well I picked up the ones that fell to tha ground!"

Josh could well be forgiven for thinking that Miss Orr was terrified of apples by the look on her face as he sat atop the large horse, but it was his mount she was scared of, not the subject of his peroration. She did manage to squeak out a faint "Sounds delicious!" as she jumped back: the enormous quadruped had scarily swished its tail.

Isiah looked at his sister, he knew she'd know that tree real well.  Since he and his late wife had been living on the same land they'd grown up on the tree was real familiar. "It's that tree Pa told you not to climb that time.  The one you fell out of and nearly broke yer neck!" He said with a laugh....able to laugh about it now since of course she was well and good!

"Oooh, be careful!" Anæsthesia warned, about twenty years too late. She had never climbed a tree as a child, but she'd certainly snitched on a good number of other kids who had - often for the purpose of stealing apples. Her mother had been the local schoolmarm, so she had a direct line to authority, and a youthful Jemima Wigfall and  Jacob Lutz had both felt the results of her tell-tale-tittery on the palms of their hands. She had always been careful not to tell on her fellow school-yard bully, Hector Wigfall, though. 

He looked at Ms. Orr.  "That lake sounds mighty nice.  I'm guessin' there's some good fishin' to be had there?  I can nearly taste the trout right now!" Isiah loved fishin' and he s'possed it had been forever since he and Addy had done just that!

"Oh, I wouldn't know!" shuddered Anæsthesia "Horrible slimy things." She really was a girly-girl. "Some of the more common children used to go swimming in there, I never did."  It would have needed a Victorian bathing machine on wheels to be backed into the lake to have enticed the prissy Miss Orr to dip even her smallest dainty pinky toe into the chilly waters. 

children-using-a-victorian-bathing-machi

"Sounds ta me like ya been missin' out on th' things that make life worth livin'," Addy observed.  It seemed sort of sad to be so restricted in your life that you got no joy out of it, and were afraid of everything in your path.  But all they could do was offer the girl opportunities, and to show her she needn't be afraid.

"Done broke m' arm fallin' outta that tree."  Addy pulled up her sleeve to show a small scar.  "Got waited on hand an' foot fer nearly a week!"  Of course, with all those brothers, there'd been a good bit of teasing, too, although Isiah had made sure that she had what she needed.

"Nothin' like a swim in a nice, cool lake on a hot day, then some lemonade.  An' fish fresh-cooked outta th' lake."  She chuckled.  "Best thing there is!"

@MD

@Javia

• Love 1

It sounded something awful to Isiah to not even have a desire to want to swim in the lake, climb tree, go fishing.....sleep under the stars at night by said lake! 

Addy knew that Isiah agreed with her, that her description of the best day was also his. 

"Oh Miss Orr!.....I already know the answer, that you've never even slept under the stars.  In all of God's creation there ain't nothing more beautiful than to stretch out by the lake after a long day and stare up at His creation." It was one of Isiah's favorite things to do.  

"You stick with us Chappell's and we'll show you a good time." He motioned between the four of them, himself, Addy, Weedy and Josh.  He chuckled at the words knowing good and well there won't know way they were getting this dainty young lady behind a fishing pole and sleeping on a dirt ground.

@Javia @Bongo

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Anæsthesia wasn't exactly convinced by all these homilies about falling out of trees, breaking arms, and sleeping in the mud: she smiled politely, if a little tightly. Truth to tell, she felt a little bit 'got at' - the snobby girl was getting a taste of her own medicine in the form of the inverted-snobbery of these rough frontier folk. 

She suddenly blurted, rather defensively "I have learned to shoot a gun!"

"I have a 1858 model Lefaucheux double action revolver, and really am rather a good shot with it." she said proudly. Now maybe they'd stop telling her that she needed to fall out of a tree to be able to claim that her life had any meaning. 

Of course, the hypocrisy was that she was quite willing to tell others what they should be doing with their lives: like learning to read. 

lefaucheux-M1864-98.jpg

@Bongo @MD

"Ah, well, good!" Addy declared, "every young lady oughta be able ta defend herself!"  She grinned brightly.  "We oughta go out shootin' sometime, Isiah's a crack shot, an' can hit anything he aims at.  We can make a picnic of it, an' show ya how ta take care'a yerself if ya don't got th' gun with ya."

Addy was a staunch believer that there was no reason women should be expected to faint or give in if they were attacked, and there were steps they could take to at least have a chance at protecting themselves.

"And he's right 'bout th' stars.  Unless ya get away from th' town, yer missin' out."  Sure, you could see the brighter stars, and make out most of the constellations, but you had to get away from the city to really see the night sky.

@Javia

@MD

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Isiah was impressed that the girl knew how to shoot the gun.  He loved shooting and had already started teaching Josh how to shoot and the boy was pretty darn good at him himself.  Seemed to pick up his father's natural knack for it.  

"Ah, well, good!" Addy declared, "every young lady oughta be able ta defend herself!"  She grinned brightly.  "We oughta go out shootin' sometime, Isiah's a crack shot, an' can hit anything he aims at.  We can make a picnic of it, an' show ya how ta take care'a yerself if ya don't got th' gun with ya."

"That's great, Miss. Orr." He smiled at her and then over to his sister as she complimented him and pointed at her "You're a darn good shot yourself there, Addy." He winked at her and Josh piped up. "Pa's done taught me how ta shoot a gun.  I wanna show 'em, Pa! Can we go and do it now?" He asked eagerly, ready to show off his skills to his Aunt Addy and Miss Orr!  He sure knew they'd think he was a real man, even if he was just 5 years old, if he could shoot the broad side of the barn!  

@Javia @Bongo

Edited by MD (see edit history)
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

"Ah, well, good!" Addy declared, "every young lady oughta be able ta defend herself!"  She grinned brightly.  "We oughta go out shootin' sometime, Isiah's a crack shot, an' can hit anything he aims at.  We can make a picnic of it, an' show ya how ta take care'a yerself if ya don't got th' gun with ya."

"Yes, I bought it when my father died and there was all that Indian Trouble, poor General Custer and the massacre unpleasantness." she informed them "Mister Winter at the gun-shop thought the Lefaucheux too large for a girl, but I thought it rather smart looking, and when I hit one of his targets in the back of the store, he had to admit I could handle it." she boasted happily.

"That's great, Miss. Orr." He smiled at her and then over to his sister as she complimented him and pointed at her "You're a darn good shot yourself there, Addy." He winked at her and Josh piped up. "Pa's done taught me how ta shoot a gun.  I wanna show 'em, Pa! Can we go and do it now?" He asked eagerly, ready to show off his skills to his Aunt Addy and Miss Orr!  He sure knew they'd think he was a real man, even if he was just 5 years old, if he could shoot the broad side of the barn!

"Well, maybe we should wait until we've all got our guns and we can go on this picnic and have fun shooting things." Anæsthesia suggested, warming to Addy's suggestion now that she knew that she wouldn't be seen as the total boobie on the outing: she had great confidence in her abilities with the gun: she certainly practiced enough and even made her own cartridges up with the nice little set of tools that came in the exquisite little storage box. Her mother didn't approve of it, but then she didn't approve of much that her other did. 

@Bongo @MD

Addy chuckled.  "Now, so long's th' target's th' whole back wall, I'd do just fine!"  She laughed, although she was impressed that Anæsthesia would even touch a weapon.  "Ya never know when shootin' skills'd come in handy, an' Isiah here's got a good knack fer fixin' guns, if he's a mind.  Yeah, a picnic, up by th' falls'd be nice, an'..." she added, ceding to Anæsthesia's qualms, "we can hitch up a buggy.  Be right nice."

It wasn't often that she took leisure time that didn't involve cleaning tack and mending harness, so it would be a good day out, and a time to have some fun with her brother.

"I can ask Weedy if he want's ta invite Wyatt, so th' boys can play, too, an' swim or whatnot."  It would be a lot of fun!

@Javia

@MD

• Love 1

Isiah laughed along with his sister and was also impressed that Miss. Orr had her own gun that it sounded like she could handle very well.

"Well it sounds like we have ourselves some plans.  I'd love to see more of the land around here and then see you two ladies show me up at some target practice." He could already hear Josh trying to pipe up and say that he would show him up too, why hadn't he said his name, so he quickly held up a finger as he looked at his son. "And you to there, Josh." He reached over and ruffled his hair.  

While Isiah had nothing holding him down and keeping him from going on this trip to the lake he knew that Miss Orr and his sister had obligations they'd have to take care of before they went.

"When would be a good time for ya'll to go? I know Josh'll have fun with Weedy and Wyatt." He said with a smile.

@Javia @Bongo

[sorry ya'll, I thought I had replied to this!]

• Love 1