CODE OF CONDUCT
Our Code of Conduct comes with a zero tolerance policy.
- Treat all members kindly and with respect.
- Harassing or bullying other members will get you immediately banned.
- Handle all disagreements in a calm and mature manner in private! Do not bring disputes into the public Discord channels or onto the RPG forums.
- Playbys, even original artwork, under the age of 18 are permitted but prohibited from participating in any threads of a sexual nature.
- No Bad Roleplay. If you don’t know what it is, read the definitions at the link provided.
The Sagas of the Wild West RPG is rated 18+ for occasional mature content.
Sagas of the Wild West also uses the RPG Rating System of 333.
Our writers voluntarily rate their threads if they feel there is a need to warn other members that the thread contains graphic violence, sexually explicit language or content, or is a sexually explicit scene. Watch for the tags in the topic listing.
You need to list your limitations and preferences in the Writing Limits section of your OOC account profile. You also need to pay attention to the tags on the forum’s topic listing pages. It will show if the thread is marked for mature content.
Sagas puts the responsibility for policing the site’s content on each of its members.
The Sagas of the Wild West RPG follows the standard of being a Limited Consent roleplay as much as possible. However, if an admin has to step in to move plot thread forward, that will be done. The admin will attempt to minimize the impact on the character they are having to take control of.
Limited Consent attempts to strike an even balance between consent and consequence. Certain negative consequences can be enforced without roleplayer agreement. Character death, physical damage, and other severe consequences still require roleplayer agreement. However if the roleplayer is absent without notice and has not responded to admin’s attempts to contact them, their characters can be written out in whatever manner the staff sees fit.
Sagas welcomes in-character drama in all of our plots. We prefer seeing a balance of action, drama, humor, romance, and contention. We strongly recommend OOC discussions when planning major character drama. The following guidelines are to keep the players and admin staff on the same page.
You may not kill anyone else’s character without permission from the roleplayer. If the roleplayer has left the game without notice, contact admin. They will do what is needed with the character(s).
Please discuss character contention with the other roleplayer(s) involved and notify Admin also. You do not have to provide details, just let everyone know that the contention has been planned. We ask this so that no one mistakes in-character contention for behind-the-posts roleplayer contention.
Actions and Consequences
If your character is seriously wounded on Tuesday, he or she will not be engaging in battle on Wednesday. This goes for almost all in-character overt actions and words.
Other roleplayers are not required to have their characters react as you think they should.
Sagas will always try to keep our RPG Requirements to a minimum. To keep the game flowing, we do have a few basic requirements to be aware of.
You must have a completed character profile (bio) before writing for that character. Posting should be done in-character (i.e. you need to choose one of your characters from the provided editor dropdown).
We do not require activity checks. However, if a roleplayer makes zero effort to post or engage in the RPG and does not have an official absence posted, their accounts will be moved to Inactive after 30 days. After 90 days, it will be assumed that they are not returning. All incomplete posts/threads will be archived. Their characters will be written out of all plots and stories.
We do not have a minimum word requirement plot posts. We do ask that your posts move the story forward and allow for a good response from your writing partner(s).
Joint posts (aka JPs) can become very long, very quickly as each writer adds to them. Please break your JPs up into 1,000-1,500 word posts. This keeps each segment at a very readable length leaving us all wanting more!
We have no set limits for the number of characters each roleplayer may create and play. However, we do suggest that you get your first character approved and into play before creating more.
Who May Advertise
- Registered, active members of the Sagas RPG with at least one approved character.
- Active Players on Sagas may upload affiliate buttons from other RPG sites on our Affiliate Application page.
- Absolutely no advertising in Character signatures!
- Active Players may post discrete PG-13 ads in their OOC signatures.
- All signature images must be static, no gifs / animations allowed.
- No more than one 700px X 250px ad or (4) 88X31 buttons in signatures.
- As a general rule, a Player's buttons will not be removed from the site if they leave.
- OOC signature advertisements must be for sites that the Player is a member of and/or on their staff.
Affiliating with Sagas of the Wild West
- Click on the Affiliate Application button, main forum index, bottom-left on sidebar.
- Read the Affiliating rules on the application page.
- You must take our button and post it before we will approve yours.
- Fill out the form and upload your PG-13 88×31 button.
Read Next! Account Creation.