Sagas of the Wild West does not use separate plotter and shipper documents. There are optional fields at the end for extra information of that nature. Our bios are living documents which should be updated as characters change and evolve. If you do not update the bio and add the information to it, other members cannot be accountable for knowing it.
As with any major written document, save it often or work on it offline! Users, computers, and the internet can glitch resulting in the loss of all of your work.
We seriously recommend that you read the following information before creating your first character.
- Playby Images: Go through the Playby List to see which playbys are taken. Currently, the only way to reserve a Playby is to start a character bio.
- Sagas' Timeline
- Kalispell, Montana or Whitefish, Montana (whichever town your character will reside in). You will probably want to eventually familiarize yourself with both of them.
- Sagas and the Civil War
- Getting Started documents.
We do not consider Sagas to be a historical RPG as we do allow some creative license. We are not going to nitpick minor things. For instance, the town of Kalispell was not established until the early 1900s. Rather than create a fictional town's name, we used creative license to fictionalize Kalispell.
Major historical events will not be altered. Likewise, you may not play a major historical person. This means that you will probably have to do some research of the time period on the internet. Please try to give some accuracy to your character's history without bogging down in the research.
CREATE YOUR CHARACTER
Creating a Character Profile
There are two options for starting on your character's bio.
- Click on +Create to the right of your username in the main menu. Choose Character from the dropdown. This takes you directly to the form.
- Click on Characters in the main menu. In the upper right-hand corner of the Character Directory page, click New Character. This will take you to the bio form.
- Hint: You will need to either fill out or put WIP in each field in order to save the bio for the first time.
- Do not add manual line breaks in the free-form WYSIWYG fields. The site automatically inserts a line break when you click your return key.
Once you have completed the bio, you need to notify Admin that it is ready for approval. The easiest way is to add a reply to the Welcome PM that you received when you registered your account. You can also notify Admin in Discord (use the #help channel or direct messaging so that it does not get lost).
The Admin will review it for site info consistency and played character connections (if any) which have to be approved by their players.
You will be notified via your Welcome PM if any changes are needed or if the Admin needs clarification on any of the bio's information. Once any changes are made, the character will be marked approved and you can start writing.
Read Next! Character Profile Template