Sagas of the Wild West does not use separate plotter and shipper documents. There are optional fields at the end for extra information of that nature. Our bios are living documents which should be updated as characters change and evolve. If you do not update the bio and add the information to it, other members cannot be accountable for knowing it.
As with any major written document, save it often or work on it offline! Users, computers, and the internet can glitch resulting in the loss of all of your work.
We seriously recommend that you read the following information before creating your first character.
- Playby Images: Go through the Playby List to see which playbys are taken. Currently, the only way to reserve a Playby is to start a character bio.
- Sagas' Timeline
- Kalispell, Montana or Whitefish, Montana (whichever town your character will reside in). You will probably want to eventually familiarize yourself with both of them.
- Sagas and the Civil War
- Getting Started documents.
We do not consider Sagas to be a historical RPG as we do allow some creative license. We are not going to nitpick minor things. For instance, the town of Kalispell was not established until the early 1900s. Rather than create a fictional town's name, we used creative license to fictionalize Kalispell.
Major historical events will not be altered. Likewise, you may not play a major historical person. This means that you will probably have to do some research of the time period on the internet. Please try to give some accuracy to your character's history without bogging down in the research.
CREATE YOUR CHARACTER
Creating a Character Profile
There are two options for starting on your character's bio.
- Click on +Create to the right of your username in the main menu. Choose Character from the dropdown. This takes you directly to the form.
- Click on Characters in the main menu. In the upper right-hand corner of the Character Directory page, click New Character. This will take you to the bio form.
- Hint: You will need to either fill out or put WIP in each field in order to save the bio for the first time.
- Do not add manual line breaks in the free-form WYSIWYG fields. The site automatically inserts a line break when you click your return key.
WE DON'T NEED ANY STINKIN' APPROVALS
Sagas of the Wild West does not require an admin's approval for your character before you start play. However, there are a couple of steps you need to take.
Note: Although Sagas is app-less, you need to provide as much information in your character's profile as possible since we rely on them for plotting. Also, be advised that if Admin reads your bio and finds anything that contravenes our established game-canon, we will contact you privately and request changes or corrections.
- Move your character to the Active Character Group. To do this: Go to your character in the Directory, click the gear icon to the right of the character's name, choose Change Group, choose Active.
- The site will automatically move you from the Members group to the Players group after your 3rd post. They system keeps you in Members for 3 posts since you might be posting OOC to claim a Wanted Ad, etc.
- Please notify Admin that your character is complete so that we can change your Discord role to Players.
Read Next! Character Profile Template